php upgrade 5.2 to 5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• php upgrade 5.2 to 5.6

I recently upgraded php from 5.2 to 5.6 on my IIS server and noticed emails are not being sent to the webmaster's email address. Is there something I need to update in php 5.6 or the config file? I'm running vb 5.2.1.

I got the php versions mixed up, so just to clarify:

Click image for larger version

Name:	php 5.4.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	4361062

Running php 5.4 I get the diagnostic email using Admin > Diagnostics > Email

Name:	diagnostics 5.4.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	4361065

When I switch to php 5.6 and run the diagnostic email, nothing is sent. Notice how the diagnostic returns "None" for Pertinent PHP Settings. I must be missing a config setting somewhere in php.ini or something similar but I don't know what to look for

Name:	php 5.6.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	4361063

Name:	diagnostics 5.6.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	4361064

Comment

So, I copied the 5.4 php.ini file to the 5.6 folder and replaced the 5.6 ini file. The diagnostic email test works in php 5.6 like it does when using php 5.4.

Comment

You can compare the 2 files using WinDiff or other file comparison tool and see the differences.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Good idea! Thanks Glenn.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X