Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardarika
    replied
    Yes, Glenn, it was your mod from your site. Thank you for the mod!

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardarika View Post
    I've resolved the problem with help of a mod from Glenn.
    I assume it was my mod If so, I'm glad it helped you. For those who wants the same, you can go to vb org at

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=323162

and also in my site

http://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin-...lds-in-postbit

The mod does not require editing existing templates. You just have to upload the XML file and configure what custom fields to show and you're done.

Leave a comment:

• Gardarika
    replied
    I've resolved the problem with help of a mod from Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• Gardarika
    replied
    Here is the template conversation_fields.

Leave a comment:

• Gardarika
    replied
    I've got new template 'conversation_fields' completely like default template, concerning of the content. Which subtitle in new template I should choose to write there the code.

Here is a part of my code:

{vb:data userInfo, user, fetchProfileInfo, {vb:raw conversation.userid}}

<vb:if condition="$userInfo['field4']"><li><label>{vbhrase field4_Beruf}:</label> <span>{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.field4_Beruf.val}</span></li></vb:if>

<vb:if condition="$userInfo['field7']"><li><label>{vbhrase field7_Weltanschauung}:</label> <span>{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.field7_Weltanschauung.val}</span></li></vb:if>

<vb:if condition="$userInfo['field8']"><li><label>{vbhrase field8_Politische Ansichten}:</label> <span>{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.field8_Politische Ansichten.val}</span></li></vb:if>

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    The details are all in the instructions. There's two parts to it: adding a hook, and adding a new template.

The new template is called conversation_fields, and you put the code in that it states in the instructions.

You need to replace x in the code with the id of your profile field, which you can find by looking in the profile field manager.
    The original link I posted has some screenshots about finding the id number.

There is an example bit of code in the instructions too.

Leave a comment:

• Gardarika
    replied
    All above I understood, I don't understand where to write this code...

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You don't need to worry about the code fix part of the post.....it's obsolete.

These are the bits you need to worry about:

First make sure your hook system is active (it is turned off by default). Go to Admincp > Settings > Products/Hook System > Enable/Disable Hook System > Yes.

Now, go to Admincp > Products & Hooks > Manage Hooks and click the link that says "[Add New Hook]". In that new hook, set the following:
    Hook is Active: Yes
    Hook Location: conversation_userstats
    Title: Show Profile Fields in Postbit
    Template Name: conversation_fields
    Hook Arguments: conversation=conversation
    SAVE

Now go to Admincp > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Template and on that page, set the following:
    Title: conversation_fields
    Template:
    Code:

For each field you want shown, you will need to add this code under that line:
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="$userInfo['fieldX']"><li><label>{vb:phrase fieldX_title}:</label> <span>{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.fieldX_title.val}</span></li></vb:if>

Replace the X in "FieldX" (three times) with the fieldid and, if your field is in a Category other than Uncategoried, then replace "default" with "categoryY_title" where Y is the category id.

So, for instance, say I have the following I want to add:
    Name Category
    field5 (uncategoried)
    field7 New Cat(id 1)

Then my template would look like this:
    Code:

<vb:if condition="$userInfo['field5']"><li><label>{vb:phrase field5_title}:</label> <span>{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.default.field5_title.val}</span></li></vb:if>

<vb:if condition="$userInfo['field7']"><li><label>{vb:phrase field7_title}:</label> <span>{vb:raw userInfo.customFields.category1_title.field7_title.val}</span}</li></vb:if>

That's it!

Leave a comment:

• Gardarika
    replied
    Where in new conversation template I should put the code for the field's in profile?

And for the version 5.1. I haven't found on the server the file text.php, there was only content.php.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    THIS article shows you how to do that in vB5.

Leave a comment:

• Gardarika
    started a topic Profile field's

Profile field's

How to make visible the profile field's under avatar, in the left side of posting?