Regular changing videos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular changing videos.

I would like to have one of my members to have the permissions to put and take down videos regularly. Can I do it without giving him total ACP permissions?

Not in SiteBuilder. Sitebuilder permissions are part of Administrator Permissions.

Comment

Any ideas how I can do this?

Comment

There's no way to give members permissions just to edit videos. They'd have to be made a moderator of the forum where the videos go.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Just to clarify Mark. I have a member who makes videos of his fish. I would like him to change the videos by himself. And by making him a moderator he should be able to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by osras1 View Post
            Just to clarify Mark. I have a member who makes videos of his fish. I would like him to change the videos by himself. And by making him a moderator he should be able to do it.
            Well yes, if you make him a moderator in the forum he plans to post them.

It's not really how things are intended though to be honest...forum posts are not buiilt to be 'dynamic'. The designed behaviour would be, you have a thread with the video in, and each time there's a new video you add it to the thread as a reply. Or you have a dedicated forum and add a new thread for each video. Or even a page with video modules embedded in it.

Going back and editing old posts isn't really going to work....nobody will see them for starters as they won't show up as new.

Also you should remember that giving him mod powers allows him to do other stuff too, such as edit and delete posts, depending on how you have your permissions set.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

What about using the Social Groups for this?

Comment

Could give him permissions to create Blogs also - he can then choose whether to keep them as a record going forward or delete old content after replacing with a new one
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment