Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    No, please put the 5.2.4 files back up, not 5.2.5.

Leave a comment:

• elindo
    replied
    That is what I did...

5. I uploaded the ew 5.2.5 "home" folder on public_html ...

Then I get
    File not found (404 error)
    when trying to run the upgrade script.

What if I delete ALL the folders and files related to VBulletin and start over? Could I still get the history that I already have? Members, postings, styles, etc?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I think you need to roll this back a step or two.

If you are getting server errors on your 5.2.4 forum, then you need to fix those first. An upgrade isn't a magic wand that will fix server issues, and if the site won't load then neither will the upgrade page - it's just a web page at the end of the day, like any other. You will likely run into bigger problems even if you can get the upgrade to start.

Download a new copy of the 5.2.4 files, unzip them, and upload them to the server. Then report back with the issues your site is experiencing.

Leave a comment:

• elindo
    replied
    Also... before uploading I did follow this step from you insutructions:

Note:
    As you already have a vBulletin installation running on your web server, you should delete the install.php file in the /core/install directory before you proceed to upload the files.

Leave a comment:

• elindo
    replied
    Ok..

1. You should know that the 5.2.4 version I had just started to give me a 500 error on the browser when I tried to access it. It would be another story to try to fix that I would think.

2. Yesterday after I found out my website wasn't working, I also found out you had an upgrade, so I decided to do the upgrade.

3. I downloaded 5.2.5 and I renamed the upload folder as "home".

4. The previous version 5.2.4 was running out of a folder called "home" from public_html folder.

5. I uploaded the ew 5.2.5 "home" folder on public_html ...

6. Now I only show one "home" folder on public_html.... I suppose it would have all the new information??? Is this wrong???

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Ok...you don;t need to bother with the config file, your existing one will work.

You just need to unzip and upload the 5.2.5 files to the server, making sure they are in the correct location and that they overwrite what is already there.

If you're getting a file not found error, then the files haven't been uploaded, or have been uploading to the wrong location.

Leave a comment:

• elindo
    replied
    I am upgrading from 5.2.4

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    What version are you upgrading from?

Leave a comment:

• elindo
    started a topic Upgrading to 5.2.5

Upgrading to 5.2.5

Ok..

I am stuck on Running the vBulletin Upgrade Script

Did we skip any steps?

I am getting File not found (404 error)

If you think what you're looking for should be here, please contact the site owner.

Did we skip any steps on modifying any files before uploading?

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade/

Is this needed??? --> https://www.adminammo.com/articles/v...l-vb5-manually

I uploaded the new folder on top of the old folder and re-wrote everything...