X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Originally posted by apollothethird View Post
    Thanks for the input. You have spared me of many hours of looking for something that doesn't exist. I tried for a couple of weeks to find it before posting my message, and was still looking... thinking I was missing something.

I have voted on this important facility. In the meantime, I'm setting up a test close of my forum to experiment with the best method of logging in to each individual account and fixing it for the users. The problem with this workaround is that I created the accounts and provided the users with temporary passwords, asking them to change them to their own. The ones who listened to my advice won't be able to benefit from the workaround I'll be attempting. Also the workaround is going to loose the timestamp of knowing who never used their account.

Rather than logging in as every user, you could update the database directly with the subscription to that specific forum. The subscriptions are held in the 'subscribediscussion' table so you will need:

- a list of their userids
    - the Channel ID (from AdminCP > Channels > Channel Manager)

How many users are you talking about?

Originally posted by apollothethird View Post
    (I had responded to this on the day that you posted. I'm noticing as I'm reviewing the thread, for some reason it didn't take. The message was saved... so I'm posting it again... Thanks again for the input and help!)
    No problem - have had plenty help from you on your forums previously - nice to be able to give it back!

Leave a comment:

• apollothethird
    replied
    Thanks for the input. You have spared me of many hours of looking for something that doesn't exist. I tried for a couple of weeks to find it before posting my message, and was still looking... thinking I was missing something.

I have voted on this important facility. In the meantime, I'm setting up a test close of my forum to experiment with the best method of logging in to each individual account and fixing it for the users. The problem with this workaround is that I created the accounts and provided the users with temporary passwords, asking them to change them to their own. The ones who listened to my advice won't be able to benefit from the workaround I'll be attempting. Also the workaround is going to loose the timestamp of knowing who never used their account.

(I had responded to this on the day that you posted. I'm noticing as I'm reviewing the thread, for some reason it didn't take. The message was saved... so I'm posting it again... Thanks again for the input and help!)

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The user will need to subscribe themselves to the channel via the Subscribe button.

I have raised a Feature Request for this here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14738 - but unless it gets votes, it's unlikely it will be implemented any time soon...

Leave a comment:

• How to enable the Channel Subscription for members of a primary forum

I have a forum with very computer illiterate members. The group wants email notifications when there are new messages or treads entered into the channel. I have browsed the features of channel settings and user group settings, but can't find the option to check, and configure each user for the subscribed setting.

Can someone help, or offer information on this?

Thanks!

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames