Updated to 5.2.4 Patch Level 2, broke url

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated to 5.2.4 Patch Level 2, broke url

I was affect with the first patch, my articles. I installed the patch and followed the rebuild instructions. Now the url to articles is broke and there is no access.

What next? I do have a ticket open as well.
    Organizations must hire quality people — "If you hire stupid people, they are not going to get better over time," ~ Gordon Graham.

vB Mods That Rock!

What I have done in addition to the OP is cleared syscache, deleted all browser cookies and still have same problem. I know the articles are still there because from the new topics when i hover on an article post, the preview box pops up with the data.

The only other solution i see is to re-install the latest version 5.2.4 pl2 over the existing one. Prefer that to be a last resort.
    Organizations must hire quality people — "If you hire stupid people, they are not going to get better over time," ~ Gordon Graham.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Have you run the repair routes tool?
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• NumNum
        NumNum commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, as per the instructions. It went from the blank page for just the new articles that were posted, to broken url page of everything in the articles.

Shouldn't do that. Did you rename your primary articles channel from the vB5 default?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I renamed the label to access the articles a year ago, that is all.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

If I manually change "articles" in the url and replace it to what I named it too, "guides", it brings me to the articles landing page.

Not sure what is the best course of action from here is.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

When you renamed the channel in the Channel Manager, the URL didn't get updated. That was a previous bug in the software. When you ran the Route Fix tool, this updated the URL, So instead of /articles, you should link to /guides. Through your ticket, I have updated the Navigation tab for you.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you.

However, when I select an article, if i select "go to post" located at the bottom of the preview, it brings me to a invalid url page.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Can you empty your system cache and try again?

Wayne Luke

Comment

Just did, no change.

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Reply to your ticket and I'll take another look as soon as I can.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you!

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment