• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by TrinityPhoenix View Post

Thank you for responding.

As it seems that I'm not the only one or forum having issues then it might be an idea to put in an option to allow us to use the old insert image tool.
    I am unable to repllicate the issue, however if you are still seeing the problem, it would be worth logging it as a bug in the bug tracker:

vB5 Bug Report:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1

Don't worry about all the fields, just complete 'Summary' and 'Description'.
    Our development team will then investigate.

Leave a comment:

• TrinityPhoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

The answer to all of those is no. The Cloud platform doesn't allow any of that.

You would need self hosted for all of them, but even then there are no ready made add-ons to alter how images are inserted, you would be looking at paying a third party coder to write custom code.
    Thank you for responding.

As it seems that I'm not the only one or forum having issues then it might be an idea to put in an option to allow us to use the old insert image tool.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post

Yeah this is annoying. The system adds an extra <br> tag below the inline image attachment. So if you add one newline below the image when you are posting, it will render as 2 newlines because of that extra <br> tag. This can be fixed via CSS. I will post the solution shortly.
    Glenn Rocks!

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by William Thomas Jr View Post

This is very annoying, and I can also say that I have this problem. When editing a post etc blank lines are deleted before an image and additional lines are added after the image. You can recreate the issue by writing a sentence before the image putting a space before the image, and a sentence after the image. If you edit the thread and save, the line spacing disappears before the image and a new space is added after the image.

William
    Yeah this is annoying. The system adds an extra <br> tag below the inline image attachment. So if you add one newline below the image when you are posting, it will render as 2 newlines because of that extra <br> tag. This can be fixed via CSS. I will post the solution shortly.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    We also CAN insert the blank lines before an image. The problem was that they vanished on saving! and also, one or more were added additionally after an image with every saving.
    This is very annoying, and I can also say that I have this problem. When editing a post etc blank lines are deleted before an image and additional lines are added after the image. You can recreate the issue by writing a sentence before the image putting a space before the image, and a sentence after the image. If you edit the thread and save, the line spacing disappears before the image and a new space is added after the image.

William

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by TrinityPhoenix View Post
    I spoken to some of our members about this and they have the latest versions of the browsers they are using. They are using various browsers and the issue continues regardless. And I have had a clarification from one member:

I do have a couple of probably stupid questions stemming from this (I'm not very good with all this stuff as I'm actually more of an admin in training, but I'm the only one present right now):
    • Can I change the insert image tool?
    • Is there a way to rollback to a previous version of the forum?
    • Is there a way to turn off automatic updates, so it is up to an Admin to decide when to update the forum?
    • Would there be some sort of add on that could I utilise to change the insert image tool?

The answer to all of those is no. The Cloud platform doesn't allow any of that.

You would need self hosted for all of them, but even then there are no ready made add-ons to alter how images are inserted, you would be looking at paying a third party coder to write custom code.

Leave a comment:

• TrinityPhoenix
    replied
    I spoken to some of our members about this and they have the latest versions of the browsers they are using. They are using various browsers and the issue continues regardless. And I have had a clarification from one member:

We also CAN insert the blank lines before an image. The problem was that they vanished on saving! and also, one or more were added additionally after an image with every saving.
    I do have a couple of probably stupid questions stemming from this (I'm not very good with all this stuff as I'm actually more of an admin in training, but I'm the only one present right now):
    • Can I change the insert image tool?
    • Is there a way to rollback to a previous version of the forum?
    • Is there a way to turn off automatic updates, so it is up to an Admin to decide when to update the forum?
    • Would there be some sort of add on that could I utilise to change the insert image tool?

Leave a comment:

• TrinityPhoenix
    replied
    Thank you for your reply. I've passed on the information you gave me and am now waiting for their response.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Click image for larger version  Name:	forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce_feature.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.3 KB ID:	4355293

more blank lines.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The insert image tool has been updated. Part of this is you can resize you image inline to handle different file sizes. I can insert blank lines before and after the image using the rich text editor. What are the specific steps they are doing? To cause their problems? What browser are they using? They should use Internet Explorer 10+, Microsft Edge, Firefox 40+ or Google Chrome 40+.

The dialog will have some changes in 5.2.5 so it is easier on the screen but we use the default dialogs from the provider of the Rich Text Editor that we use so there are limited options here.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0172.JPG Views:	1 Size:	364.9 KB ID:	4355290

Should be blank lines.

Leave a comment:

• TrinityPhoenix
    started a topic Posting images problem (spacing).

Posting images problem (spacing).

• vBulletin version: 5.2.4
    • PHP version: 5.6.25
    • MySQL version: 5.6.32-log
    • No add ons.

Since the latest update, we've been having problems posting images, not exactly with posting the images but concerning the spacing around the images.

This is one from one our users:
    There is a new dialogue box for inserting an image. Also when I checked the source code after image insertion, it has many new codes

Before the code used to look like this
    [ img]http://cdn-games.bigfishsites.com/en_forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce/forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce_feature.jpg[/img ]

Now for the same image, it looks
    [ IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-linktype":"1","data-linkurl":"http:\/\/cdn-games.bigfishsites.com\/en_forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce\/forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce_feature.jpg","data-size":"custom","src":"http:\/\/cdn-games.bigfishsites.com\/en_forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce\/forest-legends-the-call-of-love-ce_feature.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I added spaces at the beginning of [img] parameter so that you can see the code.

This update caused problems with line spacing surrounding the image:
    You can not add blank line before an image
    You can not delete extra lines after the image

it seems to me that this update is automatically done regardless if you insert a new image or if you tried to edit any text that close to an already exited image.

For example
    When I added a new developer to an exiting game thread and it happened to be the last one in the "Available from" list which is the one above the image, it removed the blank line and the text was almost touching the image.

Wherever I try to add a blank line whether in Edit Mode or Source Code Mode it keeps removing it.
    From another user:
    i did another test this morning, Using Internet explorer, I did a straight copy and paste of a picture ) not using copy image address at all) and when i posted it, it was fine with all the text and spaces in the correct places. BUT, as soon as I went into edit mode to add some more data it reverted back to what Nouni is describing - even though I was just adding data and not using the insert image facility.
    And from someone else:
    The Insert-image-dialogue window has totally changed; and it's huge now.
    Trin, can we please get an explanation for these options
    I can post a link to the conversation if it needs to be fully read or needed in any way.

Is there anyway to resolve this? Am I missing an option in the ACP that could simplify posting of images and therefore any spaces around the images?

Thank you.