Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header template is gone after updating to 5.2.4

Dear Sirs,

I've just updated from 5.2.0 to 5.2.4 and I've lost the social_icons and buttons I had at the upper right area of my forum.

The templates have the information but it's not displayed, it reads them but nothing is shown. What do I need in order to fix it? Everything else seems fine.

A programmer had coded it in such a way that if user was logged in the text and buttons would not be shown, if logged out then they promotional text would be shown. Now all is going, social media icons, SUBSCRIBE should be an HTML button, but all is gone. I've got a backup of 5.2.0 but how should I merge the templates? Everything is gone.

See attachment, all that I had there is gone, template is being read but not displayed

Find attached the before and after, all that is gone. My programmer is telling me that the templates are there, that it now is white text on top of white and can't be seen... we didn't change that, it happened after site was upgraded to 5.2.4, the button style is gone, everything is gone...

How can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Alfonso

These are from an add-on....you would need to ask the add-on author for help. We are unable to assist with third-party code, sorry.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a template change, all the changes are in the template but vBulletin will ignore the template since the site has been updated to 5.2.4

Your programmer implemented the custom code incorrectly. They should have used the template hook system instead of directly modifying existing template. That way there will be no merge conflicts when you upgrade which I think is happening to you. Check the AdminCP homepage and you would probably see a template merge conflict message. You have to resolve those conflicts. You will have to do this every time you upgrade until you convert the code to use the template hook system.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
      Glenn Vergara commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a similar addon in my site and I used template hook to implement it.

• panoramia
      panoramia commented
      Editing a comment
      There has been no conflict on AdminCP ever, the only notifications I got there are for vBulletin updates, I dismiss them when I see them or have vBulletin updated like yesterday Glenn. Where can I find and download the template hook system? Is there a web site where I can look for new hooks/products? Thanks in advance.

• Glenn Vergara
      Glenn Vergara commented
      Editing a comment
      Template hook system is a built-in feature of vBulletin. You can find it in AdminCP > Products & Hooks.

As Glenn has stated, the code should really have been added via a template hook rather than a direct template edit. Either way, this is something you should pick up with the author of the third party code used.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X