Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbrooke
    replied
    Hi, just a word here that I am still looking for a solution. I've updated our ticket, but no response there. thx.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    oops, sorry, didn't read Mark's post clearly.. Will do Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Please update your ticket with a note that Wayne asked you to open one....a link to his post in this thread should do.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    Apparently we are no longer eligible for ticket service anymore. We have 3 other forums to upgrade this year, if we can't figure out the posting issue, I'm going to have to make the call to switch forum software.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The notification issue was fixed in 5.2.0 or 5.2.1.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    Okay, can do... FYI, I'm on 5.2.3 Patch Level 2

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by dbrooke View Post
    I read another thread about email notifications causing this sort of thing.. I turned off email in the 'Email Options'.. still the same thing. I'm at a loss.
    This was refactored and shouldn't be an issue in 5.2.4. From the information provided, I don't have an answer. You'll have to open a support ticket with FTP, DATABASE and AdminCP access.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    I read another thread about email notifications causing this sort of thing.. I turned off email in the 'Email Options'.. still the same thing. I'm at a loss.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Posting takes 39.6 seconds. AJAX processing speed is dependent on how fast the server processes it. So I don't think it's an AJAX issue.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    And one more look at the problem via Console 'Preserve Log' in google chrome.... the happens at the (AJAX?) /text/ call, line 305, footer-rollup-523.js

Code:
    vBulletin.loadingIndicator.show Counter: 2 Source: ajaxStart
    footer-rollup-523.js:305 Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/json: "http://forums.cessnaowner.org/create-content/text/".x @ footer-rollup-523.js:305
    ckeditor-rollup-523.js:61 vBulletin.contentEntryBox.callbackSubmitSuccess
    Sincerely,
    Donovan

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    Here it is in Firebug.. appears to be about half the time as Chrome:
    Create New Content - Cessna Owner Organization
    POST /create-content/text/ 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 108 B 64.131.68.215:80

39.6s
    GET 204-testing-again 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 19.8 KB 64.131.68.215:80

1.44s

POST markRead 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 10 B 64.131.68.215:80

680ms
    POST incrementNodeview 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 4 B 64.131.68.215:80

648ms
    POST run 200 OK forums.cessnaowner.org 52 B 64.131.68.215:80

670ms
    GET 8d52bb8427?a=6589130&v=9...3D&jsonp=NREUM.setToken 200 OK bam.nr-data.net 57 B 162.247.242.18:80

149ms
    5 requests

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    Okay, that worked well. There is a ton of information here... but I think just the first 'hit' to 'text/' is what is important. In Chrome it took 1.2min with "Waiting (TTFB)". I'll see if I can find any specific details.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    HI Glenn, this slowness affects multiple people and multiple browsers. Thx.. sure would like to figure this out. Seems AJAX related to me.

EDIT:.. sorry, ready your post too fast before coffee.. I'll take a look!
    Last edited by dbrooke; Mon 17th Oct '16, 7:03am.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by dbrooke View Post
    Tried the 'Net' tab in FF firebug.. but there is a redirect that happens too fast after the delay and I can't visually see that fast to see any details. :-)
    In Chrome, there's a "Preserve logs" checkbox to keep the logs even when page is reloaded or redirected. I'm not sure the corresponding setting in FF.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    And you're using the standard compressed javascript files? That is, you didn't select "More Download Options" and choose the uncompressed Javascript? Uncompressed Javascript takes longer to run.
    doing a less on footer-rollup-523.js shows a bunch of stacked libs, all minified.

Donovan

Leave a comment: