Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing 5.2.4 -- .htaccess file missing on the upload to server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 5.2.4 -- .htaccess file missing on the upload to server.

Ok..

I am installing the latest version of VBulletin.

I deleted the old version because I just purchased it last week.. so I decided to start over.

After uploading all the files and trying to go to MyAdmin.. I was getting an error.. last time I had that error from my previous installation it had to do with .htaccess file..

I see from Filezilla that the file has been transferred with the proper name, but when I check on my cpanel file manager, it shows all the files but .htaccess ...

Where would this file go and why it isn't showing up?

I tried to directly transfer it, and still not showing up on my cpanel.

This is pretty bad...

The website is very plain ... seems like incomplete or bad coding, or as if the page has problems on loading...

When I try /admincp/ it doesn't recognize any password and gives me a File not found (404 error)

Comment

In some cases, .htaccess file is hidden in cPanel. There is a setting in cPanel to show hidden files.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Ok....

Now its working.. I got the new version set up just as I did with the old one.

Now just need to try to do some of the stuff I was doing with the other version...

Still have some open tickets on how to change colors for background and tabs... and adding text properly..

Comment