Link in Password reset email not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link in Password reset email not working

When my users click on password reset (or I sent a password reset from the Admin console), they receive the appropriate email, but when clicking the link to reset the password, they are taken back to the "You are not authorized to view this page" page.

Email:
    Dear Testing User 2,

You have requested to reset your password on Veterinary Terminology Services Forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
    http://vtsl.vetmed.vt.edu/forums/res...2dce713171b46e

Your username is: Testing User 2

To edit your profile, first login with the parameters above. Then go to this page:
    http://vtsl.vetmed.vt.edu/forums/settings/profile

All the best,
    Veterinary Terminology Services Forums

Page returned at link (couldn't figure out how to insert a screenshot here, but you can click on the link above and see firsthand):

If this is your first visit, you must Register before you can view or post to our forums. Also be sure to check out the FAQ for more information on how to use the forums.Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.

Please Login or Contact Us

If you have forgotten your username or password, please go to the Login page, and click on "Forgot password or username?"

vBulletin Version: 5.2.3
    PHP Version: 7.0.10
    MySQL Version: 5.7.12-log
    No Addons installed
    Syle: Default vB5 (phrase for the You are not authorized page was edited, but not the templates)
    Does the issue occur using the English language provided: Yes. We don't use any other languages.
    Error message on the screen: No error message, just takes you to the not authorized template rather than the password reset.
    Browser and Browser version used: Google Chrome 52.0.2743.116 m, Firefox 45.0.1 (Browser cache has been cleared to no avail)

Update: Since posting, I've tested: creating a user and changing password in User account settings once logged in and these both work. It appears to only be a problem with the link for password reset.

Comment

Do you have your forum completely closed to guests?
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

In the current version you need to make sure that the Home and Forum nodes are visible to the Unregistered / Not Logged In usergroup. This should be fixed in a future release.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I guess I don't understand what permissions are involved in making sure the Home and Forum nodes are "visible".

What I did:
          1. Went to Channel Permissions Manager
          2. Under Home (and then under Forum), clicked on Edit by Unregistered/Not Logged in
          3. Selected "Yes" for Can View channel.
          4. Saved

I did this for both Home and Forum. But it still doesn't work. Other groups that need to be able to view Home and Forum? Other permissions need to be enabled for this group on Home and Forum?

Comment

I have a temporary core hack to fix this issue while waiting for the official fix.

http://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin-...te-forum?p=435

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

You'll need to open a support ticket so we can look at your setup. Please use the link in the footer below.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment