Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Delete a User and all its posts, quickly ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    It will eventually be removed. It's just not been a priority with the resources we have.

Moderation is intended to be front-end in vBulletin 5 and that should always be the starting point.

In an ideal world we'd not have the AdminCP at all. Everything would be in Site Builder and / or the front end tools. However getting to that point will be a major undertaking and again we have had other priorities.

Leave a comment:

• dbrooke
    replied
    I should point out that intuitively, I went through the same issue and felt the same angst the OP did. Trying to moderate from the AdminCP is just annoying.. it should either be fixed or deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Just find any one of his posts and do as described above.

Bear in mind that any threads he has started, will result in that entire thread being deleted.

Leave a comment:

• videntity
    replied
    thanks very much "william" however, in my case the user has made only replies to existing topics. So I can not catch him with this method. any other tips ?
    Last edited by videntity; Thu 1st Sep '16, 2:47am.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    If you go and delete just one post, you should see a place to check in spam management delete all other posts by this user. Afterwards you can delete the account:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	374.2 KB
ID:	4352452

Leave a comment:

• videntity
    started a topic How to Delete a User and all its posts, quickly ?

How to Delete a User and all its posts, quickly ?

Hi,
    I want to delete posts from a specific user in my VB5 forum. These posts will be threads or replies to existing threads.
    Option -1 - I can del the user from AdminCP but all its posts will be attributed to Guest [Not Acceptable]
    Option-2 - I can search the user, it has 500+ posts - now to del all posts I have to move through multiple pages

Any other Quick method ?