Private section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private section

Hi I upgraded from vbulletin 4.2.3 to latest vbulletin 5 2 weeks ago. Upgrade went ok but yesterday I received a pm off a member saying he didn't have access to a private forum I created. Only 3 members had access to this and they where added individually not as a group as there all in different user groups.

I checked the access masks and the 3 users should have access so reset them incase it was a problem with the upgrade. But when I try to add them again in user then forum permission access mask I click yes for the required forum and save but whenever I go back the member is still showing the default permissions. I have checked and access mask is on in vbulletin options.

Access masks are not in vB5. You would need to use usergroups to achieve this.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

So basically create a user group for these members? Just 1 of them is a moderator so would it work as a secondary user group?

Comment

It can be a secondary usergroup as long as their primary usergroup has the setting "Allow Users to have Member Groups" set to Yes.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          It can be a secondary usergroup as long as their primary usergroup has the setting "Allow Users to have Member Groups" set to Yes.
          OK thanks will try that. Will it just be in user group permissions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X