Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant access acp after upgrade from 4.2.3 to 5.2.3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cant access acp after upgrade from 4.2.3 to 5.2.3

    Hi i done a test upgrade from 4.2.3 to 5.2.3 today. I created a new database and imported my vb 4 database to the newly created one. Uploaded the vb5 files to my server under a test folder on my public_html folder so no vb files on the folder. Upgrade went fine no errors i could see in the log but when i clicked onto go to admincp upon completion i was presented with image 2. Also all the images on main page seem broken and i cant seem to login.

    Any help appreciated

  • #2
    Did you rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess?

    GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
      Did you rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess?
      i hadn't no, but have just done that and nothing has changed

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by knowlzy10 View Post

        i hadn't no, but have just done that and nothing has changed
        You will need to contact your Hosting Provider or Server Administrator and make that that URL Rewrites are enabled for your site.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

          You will need to contact your Hosting Provider or Server Administrator and make that that URL Rewrites are enabled for your site.
          thanks will do that now

          Comment


          • #6
            Also make sure that the .htaccess filename starts with a dot and has no file extension.

            GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
              Also make sure that the .htaccess filename starts with a dot and has no file extension.
              thankyou thats worked a treat

              Comment


              • #8
                Still have this as test not gone live yet. Everything looks OK just a couple of things does the post thanks not transfer across with the upgrade? Also if I have photos stored on the server from vb4 do I need to also upload these to the vb5 images directory.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by knowlzy10 View Post
                  Still have this as test not gone live yet. Everything looks OK just a couple of things does the post thanks not transfer across with the upgrade? Also if I have photos stored on the server from vb4 do I need to also upload these to the vb5 images directory.
                  Post Thanks is not a vBulletin Feature. You would have had to use an addon to have this feature in vBulletin 4. vBulletin 4 addons are not compatible with vBulletin 5 due to security issues. You will have to see if there is an upgrade.

                  Any custom images you used in vBulletin 4 would have to be moved. We do not move files during the upgrade process.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for the reply. Might be a silly question but do I upload images to core/images or just the images folder. Thanks

                    It's ok worked it out
                    Last edited by knowlzy10; Wed 17 Aug '16, 2:03pm.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X