No announcement yet.

Reduce amount of posts in page/thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I changed it this came---> https://gyazo.com/3601102ab5a60c7331bd43c77a97e2a9

but why does it say 15-25 but shows like 50-100 ?
    database write issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
      Add this in css_additional template or via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor.
      Code:
      .forum-list-container .forum-item .cell-forum > .forum-wrapper > .forum-info {
      padding-left: 43px;
      }
      .forum-list-container .forum-item .cell-forum .forum-desc {
      margin-left: 43px;
      }
      Thanks, it worked

Comment

I want to add a image as background, where do I do this?
        Thanks for your patience kinda new to this stuff!

Technical support Ali T. is in vacation drinking efes and eating shish kebabs so so I have to handle all myself..

Comment

I can understand why people have problems accessing it, I just checked and it show like it`s showing like 2500 messages all in one page...
          No place in admincp to change this?

Comment

Regarding background---> https://gyazo.com/7eb12b92adb21e9f3949feeb8c1d47d1 nothing happend.

Comment

Glenn Vergara Hi again.

Listen I just checked something.
            When I am in with my user account (admin access) and try to go in to topics with alot of posts it kinda list all messages where it has like 500+ msg.

So I tried to access with another user account also with admin access and everything worked fine. It went straight to first message posted and only showed 10 post per page.

ANy idea how to fix this?

Comment

https://gyazo.com/541e5b743f4dc9dcd04612cfd896e1b1
              Despite this it shows all in my user

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
                Glenn Vergara commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you have any third-party plugins? Try disabling hooks (AdminCP > Settings > Options > Products/Hook System > Enable/Disable Hook System > No) and check if it fixes the issue. If it does, then you know one of the plugins is causing the issue. Deactivate one plugin at a time in that case.

• ultrAkin
                ultrAkin commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi.

We did change some parameters in my user after comparing it to another use in mysql database so it works fin.

Is there any tutorial for me to look at in order to change colours within forum like block bg and stuff. I have managed to find alot but struggling to figure out like the blue post reply button and thread header in main page.
                Also I need to change the main site to /article and have forum under /forum. how can this be done?

Originally posted by ultrAkin View Post
              Glenn Vergara Hi again.

Listen I just checked something.
              When I am in with my user account (admin access) and try to go in to topics with alot of posts it kinda list all messages where it has like 500+ msg.

So I tried to access with another user account also with admin access and everything worked fine. It went straight to first message posted and only showed 10 post per page.

ANy idea how to fix this?
              Choose "User Settings" off the dropdown menu on your username in the header. Go to Account and change the number of posts per page to something more manageable.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for help Glenn Vergara and Wayne Luke

However we are facing some issues with logins.

Now it says that I have tried to logged in several times and need to wait for 15min.
                This is not a issue for my user but for several others as well.

What is causing this and how can I solve this so it does not happen again?

Got this email:

Dear Akin Anli,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Ali-Sami-Yen.net with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 185.80.222.122

All the best,
                AliSamiYen.net

The IP adress belongs to the server forum is placed on.

Comment

Are you using proxy-based caching such as Cloud Flare? If so you probably have to turn off the Login Strikes capability in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> General Settings.

If you know you're proxy settings and how the real IP is forwarded, you can set the options in your /core/includes/config.php to handle this.

Code:
                  /* #### Reverse Proxy IP ####
                  If your use a system where the main IP address passed to vBulletin is the address of a proxy server
                  and the actual 'real' ip address is passed in another http header then you enter the details here */

/* Enter your known proxy servers here. You can list multiple trusted IPs separated by a comma.
                  You can also use the * wildcard (at the end of a definition only) or use the keyword 'all' to represent any ip address.*/
                  //$config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 192.168.*, all';

/* If the real IP is passed in a http header variable other than HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR, then you can set the name here; */
                  //$config['Misc']['proxyipheader'] = 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR';
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment