Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The4wdZone
    replied
    Right, I've reset the forum domain in the tools section and reset the cookie path and the cookie domain. Resetting the forum domain in the tools section seems to have done trick and I jhavent had to change the cookie domain name or path at all.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Remove /forum if you want to make the cookie accessible in the root which seems to be a non-vB page. For example, you may want to display the user avatar and/or user profile link in the main site. You can get the userid in the cookie and generate the avatar and profile url from it.

Leave a comment:

• The4wdZone
    replied
    Ok, I have managed to reset the cookie domain, I downloaded the 5-2-3 update and it let me access tools using the .com domain.

I am now about to do the update.

If I reset the cookie path to .the4wdzone.com.au/forum no trailing slash do I leave the cookie domain as is?

Matt

Leave a comment:

• The4wdZone
    replied
    Originally posted by ProSportsForums View Post
    The cookie domain should be .the4wdzone.com.au (no trailing slash)

Your main URL works properly. Your forum URL redirects to http://www.the4wdzone.com/forum where it should redirect to http://www.the4wdzone.com.au/forum

What path are you using to attempt to access tools.php?
    I have tried using both, wont let me access it with either.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    The cookie domain should be .the4wdzone.com.au (no trailing slash)

Your main URL works properly. Your forum URL redirects to http://www.the4wdzone.com/forum where it should redirect to http://www.the4wdzone.com.au/forum

What path are you using to attempt to access tools.php?

Leave a comment:

• The4wdZone
    replied
    I have tried doing this as instructed in another thread when I was having log in issues

Upload tools.php from the "Do not upload" folder, put it in /core/admincp
    Also upload the /core/install folder.
    Go to admincp/tools.php
    Then select the option to reset cookie path.

After that, delete tools.php and delete the install folder.

and it says I cannot do it and the tools page does not load as it did before.

Leave a comment:

• The4wdZone
    replied
    Originally posted by ProSportsForums View Post
    Cookies And HTTP Header Options / Cookie Domain

Use Custom
    Ok,

I changed the first one to forum/ and then the second option to .the4wdzone.com.au/forum

I saved that and it has booted me out, now when I try and log in I get this message

"In order to accept POST requests originating from this domain, the admin must add the domain to the whitelist."

Completely lost.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Cookies And HTTP Header Options / Cookie Domain

Use Custom

Leave a comment:

• The4wdZone
    started a topic Domain Name Change

Domain Name Change

Hi all,

I have changed the domain name of the website that hosts my VBulletin installation. The domain is essentially the same however now it ends with .com.au not .com

My web host has moved my site over to the new domain name and has put my old domain on as alias so that anyone who uses the old domain name will see the same material as the new one.

If I go to mydomain.com.au/forum I am unable to log into the forum, if I revert back to the mydomain.com URL I can.

I went into the admin panel and went to the "Site Name/URL/Contact Details section in settings and changed the URL for the Login URL, Core URL and Header Logo URL and saved it.

Then when I tried to log into either the main forum or the admincp page it wont let me log in. The page to log into the admincp appeared all disjointed with multiple images of the username and password boxes. I was unable to get into the admincp. I managed to press back on the browser and change the URL's back to mydomain.com and save it and this got everything working again.

Is there somewhere else these settings need to be made? I have a cubecart installation aswell and I went into the admincp in the software and simply changed the URL's to mydomain.com.au/shop without issue. Why isn't it the same case for the vbulletin software installation?

Matt