Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to access and edit the content on the home screen's side bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apollothethird
    replied
    Thank you! The php code activated the access.

-- L .James

--
    L .D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Leave a comment:

• apollothethird
    replied
    By the way, it's giving php code for me to fix it. I'll follow those instructions and post back the results.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Leave a comment:

• apollothethird
    replied
    Thanks for the assistance. There might be a glitch in my in my installation. After Administration Permissions it says:

Sorry, you are not allowed to edit administrator permissions.

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Go to AdminCP > Usergroups > Administrator Permissions > Click Edit Permissions for the target user > Can Use Sitebuilder > Yes

Leave a comment:

• apollothethird
    replied
    Glenn, thanks again for the hint of how to get to this option. I believe I have a better idea of what to search for. In my search for "Site Builder" I come to this page in the manual:

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/sitebuilder

There's a red arrow pointing to the switch that you describe. However, I can't find the option to make that switch available on my site.

I've checked the "Usergroup Options" and it has both my Primary and Display Usergroup "Administrators".

Can you tell me what else you can imagine might be needed to turn on this feature for me?

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Leave a comment:

• apollothethird
    replied
    First, thank you very much for your attention to my problem. Can you advise me where I should post this type of question so that I won't make this mistake again.

As for as the "Edit Site", no I I'm not seeing it. I am logged in as administrator. I'm also not seeing the word "Site Administration" options. I'll browse around now to look for the "Sitebuilders permission" control.

Thanks!

-- L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    This forum is supposed to be for posting tutorials. This should be moved (by admins) to the appropriate forum to get faster responses.

Anyway, to answer your question, if you click Edit Site to ON (this is a toggle), you should see Edit Page on that same top bar along with other menu items. Are you not seeing them? You should be logged in as an admin with Sitebuilder permissions to see Edit Site button.

Leave a comment:

• How to access and edit the content on the home screen's side bar?

There are default components on the home page that have these subjects:

Welcome to vBulletin
    Latest Topics
    Recent Blog Post
    Tag Cloud

Can someone tell me how to get t option to edit or configure those items?

The welcome to vBulletin component says "Edit Site > Edit Page". But I can't find the "Edit Site" option.

Thanks!

- - L. James

--
    L. D. James
    [email protected]
    www.apollo3.com/~ljames