Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promote to Article

Am I missing an obvious link or such?

Are articles now made on the fly and that's it - or can posts/threads/blogs still be promoted to an article?
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

The vb5 method that I know works.
    Click the check box in the corner of the number one post, using the inline mod menu, select copy post, Select Articles from the drop down menu and any other options you want then click "Copy Posts".

Comment

Yes the above method is a work around Replicant helped me with when I was using the article system and does work.

It's a way of promoting a users article. However this is just a work around and no actual feature for this has been implemented.

Though it still gets the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by TheXboxCloud View Post
        Yes the above method is a work around Replicant helped me with when I was using the article system and does work.

It's a way of promoting a users article. However this is just a work around and no actual feature for this has been implemented.

Though it still gets the job done.
        It kind-of gets the job done, yes.

It copies all comments (even though you only mark the first post to be copied) and will not display [ATTACH] graphics, instead only displaying the code for them. Also, of course, there is no redirection implemented.

Comment

• karlm
          karlm commented
          Editing a comment
          Stalker!!! lol

• Brad Padgett
          Brad Padgett commented
          Editing a comment
          that may be true but its better than nothing. I really don't know why they won't implement this. They should have a long time ago.

The promote to article option is missing in vB5:
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11870
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1684

Comment