Deleting a custom template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting a custom template

So I created some templates when trying to set up a new page (I was adding a Google calendar). Now I wish to delete those templates, everywhere I've looked it says to click on revert. Where is this revert button? I've gone into the Style Manager but I cannot find the custom templates. Where should I be looking? Am I in the right area at all?

Search for the templates by name by going to AdminCP > Styles > Search in Templates. Enter the template name in the "Search for Text" field and then choose Yes in the "Search Titles Only" radio button.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

If you click the <<>> button at the end of the Style's row in the AdminCP or choose "Edit Templates" off the drop down, your custom templates will be listed at the top of the list in resulting screen. You can use this to edit them or revert them. Reverting them deletes them from the system.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you. I do have yet another question... And that would be that the font size seems to have suddenly changed, when I try to alter the font size in the Styles section, and then changing the font under body_font (which I'm hoping is the correct area to be in), it doesn't seem to stick. Although I had noticed that when I refresh a page that consists of just topics, the size seems to be bigger for a couple of seconds and then it reduces down in size. Any clue about what might be the matter here? Any chance that I've screwed something up somewhere? Which to be honest is more than likely, I'm still learning the system and there is so much to take in and grasp.

Comment

Do you have custom CSS that would override the font size? Custom CSS in css_additional.css is loaded last and overrides any style variable changes.

Wayne Luke

Comment

While I am presuming that is found in the same area as the font, we have no custom CSS as far as I am aware. Actually, I've just checked to see if I could find css_additional and I cannot.

EDIT: And while I'm here asking stupid questions, one of our members is having problems when they are editing a message they posted. I've included a screen shot of it below. Any idea what could be causing this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Conversation.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	4347659

EDIT2: I've gone back to try and delete the custom templates as I didn't have a chance to try this beforehand. There is no Search in Templates option, no Search for Text field, unless I'm overlooking it of course. I've tried clicking on the <<>> button, no custom templates showing up. There is no Edit Templates in any of the drop down lists for any of the styles we have.
            Last edited by TrinityPhoenix; Thu 14 Jul '16, 10:16am.

Comment

Sorry... Just now noticed you're on cloud. You can't have custom templates on Cloud. There is no way to create, edit or delete them. You don't have access to templates. I'll look at your site to see if there are any.

You can edit your additional CSS using the Style tab in Site Builder on the front-end. That is the only place it is available on cloud.

Your image says they didn't fill out the human verification. If you don't want them to fill out human verification to post, go to their usergroup under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager and set the permission to Require Human Verification to No.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hello,

You do not have any custom templates in your styles.

I do see two custom templates in Site Builder for your Calendar pages. There is currently no way to delete these from the system. Which ones do you want deleted? I can create a bug report against the cloud system to have a developer delete them manually.

Wayne Luke

Comment

There is a JIRA to add page template deletion here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14123

Wayne Luke

Comment

If there is no way to create them, then how did I manage to create them? I'm not being snippy here, just very curious. If I can't create a custom template, can I still add a calendar though?

And I've managed to majorly screw something up, there was CSS coding for the Gradient style, which I've managed to delete completely. I wasn't concentrating properly. Is there a way to repost what was in there? I.e. are there any examples that I can use to help me out here?

We don't have the human verification for posting. And the group that this lady is in, is the main group on the forum (Registered Users), so that is the group with the most members in it. She is the only one having that issue. Is it possible that it's something their end?

I've included a screen shot of what I'm seeing (for the template issue) and too be honest at this point, I would like all 5 templates at the end removed so it's cleaner and I can start afresh with adding the calendar (if possible). It'll be too confusing for me if they are left there at the moment. So if it's possible for a developer to delete them, then that would be fantastic.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom templates.png
Views:	55
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	4347673

Thank you so much for all your help Wayne, it is appreciated. And thank you for the JIRA information.

Comment

You created Page Templates. These are not Custom Templates. The system never had a way to delete these. Once created, they stay forever.

Custom Templates only exist in the Style system's Template Editor. You do not have access to that system on Cloud.

You'll need to open a open a support ticket for the Human Verification issue. Someone will look at it when they get the ticket.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you again. Do I need to submit a ticket about the font size issue?

Comment

Please do.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you Wayne.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X