• Multiquote?

VB 5.2.2
    PHP 5.4.45
    MySQL 5.5.50
    No Addons - none at all.
    All issues occur in default style since upgrade to VB5
    All issues occur in English/default language since upgrade to VB5

Have tried it in MS Edge & MSIE 11 & FireFox47 - all same results

In previous editions of VB a member could multiquote a number of posts. This functionality seems to be missing from vB5.

When I click quote on one post, it turns orange and the selected post appears in the text entry window. I click a 2nd 'quote' from another post and it turns orange but doesn't show up. So two posts now show an orange "quote but only the first selected quote appears. Is this a new feature or a bug or just something gone screwy on just my site?
    VB 5.4.1 - PHP 7..2.4 - MySQL 5.5.56
    No Addons - none at all.

You have to hit "Quote" on every post you want to quote and then "Post Reply" at the very top. Then your multiple quotes get inserted in your reply.

Comment

Ahh, thanks - shame that's not obvious like the old multiquote was
      No Addons - none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by karlm View Post
        VB 5.2.2
        PHP 5.4.45
        MySQL 5.5.50
        No Addons - none at all.
        All issues occur in default style since upgrade to VB5
        All issues occur in English/default language since upgrade to VB5

Have tried it in MS Edge & MSIE 11 & FireFox47 - all same results

In previous editions of VB a member could multiquote a number of posts. This functionality seems to be missing from vB5.

When I click quote on one post, it turns orange and the selected post appears in the text entry window. I click a 2nd 'quote' from another post and it turns orange but doesn't show up. So two posts now show an orange "quote but only the first selected quote appears. Is this a new feature or a bug or just something gone screwy on just my site?
        Originally posted by TLMD View Post
        You have to hit "Quote" on every post you want to quote and then "Post Reply" at the very top. Then your multiple quotes get inserted in your reply.
        Test Reply with multiquote - seems to work

Thanks for the help.
        No Addons - none at all.

Comment

Isn't as intuitive. I've brought this up in the past. The "Post Reply" button should be at the bottom and have a better indicator that you'll be doing multiple quotes.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking it looks nice with the floating 'reply' at the top - yes indeed that's ace... but as VB has been my site member's forum since almost day one, they're used to "quote" and "multiquote"... I was thinking perhaps a small button with a + and " on it, implying "and more quotes". As it's the second button, people will already have a good idea what it means. Naturally, similar to the 'reply' at the top, it could say "Reply" and then add numbers up as each quote is counted.

No Addons - none at all.

Comment