Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeanius!
    replied
    The site was never live on 4.2.3, I did the upgrade from v3 to v4 and then backed up, then did v4 to v5.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    How long were you on 4.2.3 for?

Leave a comment:

• Jeanius!
    replied
    Hmm, actually, the data is in the filedata table for the attachments with those IDs.
    I noticed that the actual files were now no longer in the file directories.
    (I moved them from being stored in the database to in the file system)

Would the upgrade have removed files from the structure or has something else happened?

I've dragged the missing ones out of the original site and they're back now. Weird!

Also, could someone just explain how the attachment ID works? I know the structure of where specific user files are stored, but how does the attachment ID relate - so that I can find the right attachment?

When you look at the fetch?id it might be something like 278498 but the actual ID of the thumbnail in the attachment is 8844 ... So how do they tie together and actually work?

I'm just questioning it, because if I find I've somehow lost some more images, I can't just look at the fetch URL, because it doesn't match?

Leave a comment:

• Jeanius!
    started a topic Lost attachments

Lost attachments

I've upgraded a site from 3.8.9 to 4.2.3 and then from 4.2.3 to 5.2.2
    However, I've just noticed that some, not all, attachments are missing.
    I've just read about the attachment deletion error that has been resolved as of 5th July.
    I upgraded my forum before this - but I have backups of everything.

If I download a fresh copy of 4.2.3 and run the upgrade and then to 5.2.2 again, can I somehow get the attachment data out of this new copy and into my live copy?
    Presumably I can insert some rows into the live database somewhere?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X