Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmoney31
    replied
    Don't think ill go with the transparent but good to know! I think I got my reputation now all set up, and I fixed the user status from my second post by adding

Code:
    .b-userinfo__icons {
        left: 98%;
        top: 15px;
        position: absolute;
    }
    I didn't get it next to my username like I wanted originally but at least its showing now and I can move onto other things I wanted to work on

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for all the help though! My first time coding CSS and making a forum, but I'm learning quick and hope to stick with it!
    Last edited by Cmoney31; Thu 7th Jul '16, 12:09am.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    If you want to show nothing when a user has no reputation yet, you can set the background to transparent, no need for an empty image.
    Code:
    .b-meter__bar {
        background: transparent;
    }
    But note that if a user has some reputation, you wouldn't see how much reputation pips are yet to be highlighted to get the full reputation.

Leave a comment:

• Cmoney31
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The reputation pips are controlled by CSS. The orange background image is stored in the default image sprite.

Code:
    .b-meter__bar {
    background: #E5E8E9;
    float: left;
    height: 10px;
    width: 4px;
    margin-left: 2px;
    }
    Code:
    .b-meter__bar--selected {
    background: #CFCFCF url(http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/css/sprite_gradients_vb.png) repeat-x scroll 0 -650px;
    }
    So I'm looking to replace the reputation blobs with different images. Since no one on my forum has reputation yet its hard to test. But for example:

Code:
    .b-meter__bar {
    background: url("http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/css/NO_REPUTATION.png");
    }
    Code:
    background: url("http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/css/REPUTATION.png");
    }
    Would this give me custom bubbles for when they earn reputation, and if I want nothing to show up when they dont have reputation use, an empty .png for the NO_REPUTATION image?

Sorry like I said its hard for me to test out with no one having reputation yet on my forum. Thanks for all the help though!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The reputation pips are controlled by CSS. The orange background image is stored in the default image sprite.

Code:
    .b-meter__bar {
        background: #E5E8E9;
    }
    Code:
        background: #CFCFCF url(http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/images/css/sprite_gradients_vb.png) repeat-x scroll 0 -650px;
    }

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Sometimes Glenn, a former vBulletin developer, does pop up here with some CSS advice for vB5, so you may get lucky, but it's not something we officially provide support for.

Leave a comment:

• Cmoney31
    replied
    Okay I made a post there as well.. Just in my search for help I found a lot of answers on this forum so I thought I'd ask here. Thank you though, hoping to get my forum situated and up and running soon!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Hello

We don't provide assistance with custom coding and styling on this site....you can try asking on www.vbulletin.org, which is our peer-to-peer modification and customisation site.

Leave a comment:

• Cmoney31
    replied
    Sorry I seem to keep asking questions, no one seems to be answering but I keep running into problems that are frustrating and can't figure out. I finally got my header ad to work I think, but now I'm trying to change my user reputation blobs. It seems they are saved as a gif somewhere. Does anyone know where I can find the gif or image(s) for the reputation so I can change them or the CSS code to change them. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Cmoney31
    replied
    Also the online user status is only showing when my browsers resolution is pretty small. Once I drag the window past a certain point it disappears. Does anyone know where to edit the CSS for the user online status or how to get it moved next to the username?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cmoney31; Tue 5th Jul '16, 8:35am.

Leave a comment:

• Cmoney31
    started a topic Help with Forum Post Style (CSS Coding)

Help with Forum Post Style (CSS Coding)

I've been trying to move the Join Date and Post Count stacked on top of one another in the top right hand corner of the posts. Does anyone know how to do this or could help me out at all?

Thanks You
    Last edited by Cmoney31; Tue 5th Jul '16, 8:33am.