Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change color of username names in forum topics ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There are always going to be Issues in the software. Responsive is going through various stages of refactoring right now and some style variables may not be applied correctly. If people don't report them and they aren't caught in normal testing, they don't get fixed. Custom styles outside the themes provided are not tested.

Even vBulletin 4 still has hundreds of issues logged still. We didn't even support customizing the mobile style in vBulletin 4.

Leave a comment:

• fitaffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You should list it as a bug here there: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1
    wasn't this released like 3 years ago, I just download it and already 3 bugs reported, this is an embarrassment, I use to have a vb4 forum many years ago as a teen and it was the best thing ever, so much fun so many things to do, you guys just suck the fun right out of it, I really don't see a promising future for your organisation, im sorry to say.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You should list it as a bug here there: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1

Leave a comment:

• fitaffinity
    replied
    It won't work in the Apps, no. You can't change the link colors there outside of the Mobile Publisher. It should work in responsive mode since that uses the same CSS. Though, I'll look further as soon as I have some time.
    it doesnt work in responsive is what im saying i dont use mobile app

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It won't work in the Apps, no. You can't change the link colors there outside of the Mobile Publisher. It should work in responsive mode since that uses the same CSS. Though, I'll look further as soon as I have some time.

Leave a comment:

• fitaffinity
    replied
    For the username of the topic starter, you can try ".topic-info a"

This works for me:
    Code:
    .topic-info a, .lastpost-by a {
    color: purple !important;
    }
    This code works on desktop version but not when on mobile

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    For the username of the topic starter, you can try ".topic-info a"

This works for me:
    Code:
    .topic-info a, .lastpost-by a {
        color: purple !important;
    }

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Edit the post_username_color stylevar to change the color within the topic itself.
    Styles -> Style Manager
    Choose your style and click "Go" to the right of the drop down. "Style Variable Editor" should be the default chosen.
    Scroll down to the Post section and edit the style variable by clicking on it.

For the topic list, your selector is specific to the Forum List. You can try ".cell-lastpost .lastpost-by a". You might be able to do both areas with ".lastpost-by a". I haven't tested it.

Leave a comment:

• fitaffinity
    started a topic Change color of username names in forum topics ?

Change color of username names in forum topics ?

How do I change the color of the usernames in the forum topics without changing color of the topic link itself,

as when you change it in global settings it changes both,

now when you change it in usercp mange usergroups it will change the color for the profile in the thread not the topic list

and when you add additional css

.widget-tabs.ui-tabs .ui-widget-content .forum-item .lastpost-by a { color: #EC008C; }

it only changes it in the forum directory and not the topics directory

so how it is possible then?
    Attached Files