Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    No, there's currently no way to revery to a default configuration like that.

On a Cloud site, you can ask us via a support ticket to reset your site....this will give a completely blank installation, like a new customer, meaning you will lose all posts, members, styles and other content.

Leave a comment:

• mortgagebruce
    replied
    Let me ask this a different way then. Let's say that you just gave me a fresh install of the forum software so that I was going to go in and begin creating everything from scratch. The default would have the Forums, Blogs, Articles, and Groups in the navigation bar just like on this page.

If I simply wanted to revert my existing VB cloud form back to those exact settings is there a way for me to simply go into my Edit Page and then choose to add or update the modules? I don't even have the option to add a blog module now for example.

Do you have a screenshot of a fresh install Edit Page section that I could just go and copy to revert back to default?

As it is now, if I take the following steps, I do not seem to be going back to this default:

1. Go to Style Manager in Admin CP
    2. Add Style
    3. Choose no parent and name the new style (i.e. New Default Style)
    4. Go to Options - Style and Language Settings
    5. Change Default Style to newly named New Default Style
    6. Save
    7. Click Site Home Page to launch - nothing has changed.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you've installed a third party style, it's possible that it's overwritten the Master Style incorrectly. Try downloading a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file and then go to:

AdminCP > Styles > Download/Upload styles

Then use the 'browse' button to find the vbulletin-style.xml file from the download above (will be in upload/core/install), leave all other options as they are and click on Import. This should put the default values back into the Master. Now try create a new style with no parent - does this show the default style correctly?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Creating a new style with no parent IS the way to do it, so if it hasn't worked we will need full details of what is happening.

Note that what this does is provide default styles and templates. It is about the look and feel, not the content. It doesn't delete any forums or posts. If you want to delete forums or content, you need to do this manually, orr delete the whole thing and install a new copy from scratch. There is no 'reset button'.

Leave a comment:

• Revert new forum to default forum style and template

Is there a way to completely revert a forum to the default style and template? I read where you can go into Style Manager and create a new default without choosing a parent and then choosing the new default in Styles and Language settings but that did not do the trick.

If I simply want to revert as if starting all over from a scratch install, how can I do that using vB 5.2.1.

I can reset up my forum categories if need be.