5.2.1 with PHP 5.6 email problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.2.1 with PHP 5.6 email problem

I updated PHP to 5.6 and no emails are sent to members when they reset their password or when they are moderated and approved to access the site. Is this a PHP problem and where should I start troubleshooting?

I tried the diagnostic tool and it says it should work but what about the smtp settings showing "none"? Does this look right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	4342443
    Attached Files

Comment

I tried emailing a password reminder from admincp to a user and it shows "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Comment

Originally posted by rnedelkow View Post
        I tried the diagnostic tool and it says it should work but what about the smtp settings showing "none"? Does this look right?
        If you are not using SMTP then they are correct.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Yes I read that somewhere after posting. I noticed that Number of Queued E-Mails had 14 waiting so I ran the cronmail task manually but still no emails were sent. I have Enable '-f' Parameter = T as well so not sure what else needs to be configured. Again, this only happened after upgrading to php 5.6.

Comment

Are you using a Windows Server? This means that you're most likely using SMTP. You need to fill in the values for SMTP under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings. vBulletin will try to make a direct connection to the SMTP server via these settings.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne. Yes I am on a Windows server but have never used SMTP for email options.

Comment

Seems like php 5.6 was the culprit - I downgraded php and emails are being sent through. Any idea why that is?

Comment

Would be some change in PHP 5.6. Without an error, I couldn't begin to guess.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment