Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads disappearing entirely after only deleting a post within that thread

vb 5.2.1 PhP 7

This is a pretty serious and alarming issue.

There was a thread in my forum. I went and posted a testing 123 testing 123 post as the second post to this thread. Then after I saw that it posted fine, I went and clicked to perm. delete just that post, but when I deleted it, the entire thread disappeared not just the second post. I was sure that I checked just that second post and clicked to Delete Post NOT Delete Topic (Thread).

So then I tried a second test:

I went to a different thread. I posted again a 123 Testing 123 Testing post as the second post on this thread.

It posted fine.

Then I went and soft deleted it, I am certain that I deleted ONLY that testing 123 post, NOT the thread (NOT the topic), and it did soft delete and you could see the rest of the thread.

So then I went to "Manage" that second post, and clicked to perm delete it, and when I did, the entire thread disappeared, just like before.

Except for some crazy reason the thread still exists, but does NOT appear on any Search, not under "Recent Posts," not on the home page of the forum as the most recent post on that forum, and is invisible when you go to the sub forum itself.

This is a very serious issue - entire threads seem to be disappearing permanently even when only a single post within that thread is being deleted. And what is going on with this post that disappeared entirely (the first one), where this sort of thing happened? Where is the post? How may I restore that post?

And why is the second post I did this with still available via direct URL access but not appearing otherwise anywhere in the forum?

If you're experiencing this, please report it as a bug.

I cannot replicate it but I am not running php 7, which may or may not have a bearing on things.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

As per my reply to your ticket, I was unable to recreate this on your site.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Right, we worked on this on a private support ticket. We could not replicate this on any newly created threads.

However something odd definitely did happen as the one thread disappeared from the forum except through direct URL access, until we rebuilt Forum and Topic Information via AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools and cleared the system cache, and then it reappeared.

The other thread where I had only perm. deleted one post in that thread, that entire thread, unfortunately disappeared for good.

I really don't know what was going on, but am now fearful of perm. deleting any post in an old thread for fear that the whole thread will disappear. I suppose I wil stick to soft delete only for a while.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X