Trouble with PHP7 and 5.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with PHP7 and 5.2.2

Hi all. New installation. Setup on Windows 2012 running PHP7 x64. Running admincp, it asks me for the login fine. But then when I log in it gives me the following (debug turned on):

Debug: Error
    Invalid value for constructor.
    occurred in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\core\vb\db\type\uint.php on line 37
    Trace
    • Function __construct in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\core\vb\db\type.php line 28
    • Function getInstance in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\core\vb\db\type\uint.php line 30
    • Function instance in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\core\vb\user.php line 259
    • Function verifyStrikeStatus in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\core\login.php line 139
    • Function require_once in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\includes\api\interface\collapsed.php line 220
    • Function relay in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\includes\vb5\frontend\controller\relay.php line 66
    • Function legacy in file D:\inetpub\wwwroot\forums.californiacanvas.com\index.php line 86

PHP7 x64 running on Windows Server 2012.

Reverting back to PHP 5.6.20 x64 works fine.

-Wayne

5.2.2 hasn't been made available to customers. Do you mean 5.2.1? This version does not work with PHP 7 and Windows at this time. Any version before 5.2.1 doesn't work with PHP 7 at all. Looks like your issue is solved in 5.2.1 under here: ​http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15722

There are other issues that cause problems in Windows. These should be resolved in 5.2.2.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Okay, I went back and double-checked, and the version I have is 5-2-0, Patch Level 2. I got confused, and thought this was 5.2.2 when I was Googling. I downgraded PHP to version 5, and it works now, so I did just assume that it wasn't PHP7 friendly.

Comment

PHP 7 support only started at vB 5.2.1

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

i am doing some testing for php7...instant fail heh..

trying to determine the reason....no server errors...host of course blaming the code ugh which i know it isnt...

its on linux and thru https whatever that helps...oh and apache4 so at least i can switch them easy enough, but im trying to think like...its a whm server so they had to use a hammer to get the php7 in to begin with...but im still getting used to this new apache, or how the upgrade will treat my previous customizations...so perhaps it is reverting a setting that is making the issue??

i also have a test installation that is 5.2.0 in a subdirectory...didnt think that would make the whole site instantly break without error tho hmm..

is there something easy i can tell these monkeys that they can install it somehow? im actually looking for a new host, the support has gotten horrible over the last year, but i would like to get thru this first if possible..

thanks

Comment

5.2.0 doesn't work at all with PHP 7 so the entire thing will break.

For 5.2.1 and later, run it in debug mode with display errors on, at least for your IP Address. That should expose any errors.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• IggyP
              IggyP commented
              Editing a comment
              would you have to pull up the 5.2.0 installation for it to break tho? or just any sharing installations...
              for me its standard
              mysite.com/forum(5.2.2)
              mysite.com/test(5.2.0)
              and navigating to the 5.2.2 directory is what broke...

ok well it seemed to be running php7 mostly ok, but something odd about redirects....in only one channel it says too many redirects, but not the others...seems like something about a friendly url change? hmm or something

Comment

• IggyP
              IggyP commented
              Editing a comment
              i just changed the name of the forum url and it fixed haha hmm well it works :P

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
            ok well it seemed to be running php7 mostly ok, but something odd about redirects....in only one channel it says too many redirects, but not the others...seems like something about a friendly url change? hmm or something
            Really depends on how the server is setup and whether the two instances can share running PHP tasks. They shouldn't interfere but...

Wayne Luke

Comment