X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MsNikita
    replied
    Originally posted by pmquist View Post
    I have done that by installing vBulletin in root-directory. Could that be the solution you are looking for?
    Great but if it's in forum.example.com then it looks bad... cause it's then becomes forum.example.com/forums/main-forums/

><

Leave a comment:

• pmquist
    replied
    I have done that by installing vBulletin in root-directory. Could that be the solution you are looking for?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I really don't know, it's not something we test. If it is working for you that's a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• nlvdev
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove the /forum/ from topic URLs. Forum content is in /forum/, blog content is in /blogs/ and so on. It has been a requested option but no word if it might be implemented.

Hi Joe, I manually edited the routes in table "routes" and everything seems to be working fine. The only issue is, I have to manually modify this for every channel being created. Not only I removed the "/forum".. I turned the links like "mysite.com/forum/realestate/london-real-estate" into "mysite.com/london-real-estate". As thread's full links are not hard-coded, it adjusts accordingly.

Do you think that this approach will break anything else? if yes, please suggest what might break.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    They're using VB 3.8.7 with a 3rd party SEO add-on (either VBSEO or DBSEO) that overrides the default VB3 urls. As far as I know no one makes a similar add-on for VB5 at this time.

Leave a comment:

• nlvdev
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove the /forum/ from topic URLs. Forum content is in /forum/, blog content is in /blogs/ and so on. It has been a requested option but no word if it might be implemented.

Hi Joe, Thanks for the reply.

I know a different vbulletin site which don't use /forum in links and also don't use the category names as part of links. Please see this link: http://www.indianrealestateforum.com

If I create a category or channel, it automatically become part of the links ( like site/forum/category/subcate/thread). Is there any way to group ( or just display as a group ) the channels without creating a category ? If you look at the above example site, they use groups called "important threads", "Real estate in India" etc.. but these are not actually categories ( it shows just #important threads if you hover on the link ).. May I know if there is any way to achieve the same?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nlvdev
    started a topic Is there any way to remove "/forum" in vb 5 forum links

Is there any way to remove "/forum" in vb 5 forum links

Is there any way to remove the word "forum" in vb 5 forum & thread URLs? For example, my site right now showing links like:
    mysite.com/forum/category/thread
    As my site is a forum itself, I feel that the word /forum is un-necessary.. is there any way to remove it?

Also, my site links right now displaying like below
    http:// www. mysite.com / forum / real-estate / london-real-estate / thread-title
    Here "real-estate" is a category and "london-real-estate" is a channel

is there any way to change the structure to:
    http:// www. mysite.com / london-real-estate / thread-title

Thanks !