Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Topics on home page from specific Forum (Channel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Topics on home page from specific Forum (Channel)

I would like to have posts to my News section of the forum appear on the home page. How do i show the full first post of say the 5 latest posts in my News forums?

Articles page wont work for what im looking for.
    Last edited by pepcfreak; Sat 5th Mar '16, 9:53pm.

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure that is possible. The closest option would be to create a Search Module, switch to Advanced Mode, set the channel you want to pull from, set the view to default. But there is no setting to show full posts or first posts only.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
        Hello,

I am not sure that is possible. The closest option would be to create a Search Module, switch to Advanced Mode, set the channel you want to pull from, set the view to default. But there is no setting to show full posts or first posts only.

Hmm, this is not a good thing to hear. My site ran VBadvanced CMPS for years and it was able to do so. Is there nothing that can do what it did?

Comment

vBAdvanced was a third parrty addon...its functionality is mostly not present in vB5.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

vbadvanced was able to do it because it was coded to do so. vb5 is fully capable of doing the same thing, but it has to be coded. The best place to ask is on vbullitin.org. They have a paid and unpaid section to ask for mods. If you want to code it yourself, post in the vb5 programming section and we can help with that too.

Comment