Repeated Failed Login Attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeated Failed Login Attempts

Hi, on my website some asshat from another, competing, website has decided to perform attacks on my members via executing repeated login attempts across most of my member's accounts. Mine included.

How can I stop this from happening?

I went into Myphp Admin and tried running a truncate strikes;query but it doesn't seem to have let anyone log into their accounts. I can't even access the Admin CP so I can do checks on IP addresses that are attempting to access the site frequently.
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

All IP addresses on the site (when you look at the IPs on a post) are reading as the same IP address, as well.

And any time someone creates a new account, it is automatically locked and they cannot login. So it seems someone has created a script to target accounts?

I've even blocked the above IP in my .htaccess file. And it doesn't seem to have done any good at all.
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

If you think your site has been hacked, check out this thread.
      This guide is for what to do, after youÂ’ve been hacked, exploited, and or defaced. Step 1, Change everything: If you believe, or think your site has

Comment

Are you using Cloudflare?

If so, disable it completely.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi everyone, it turns out that my host (without telling me) moved my sever to a new location and issued new physical addresses for me to change with my domain provider. I'm assuming that the host had everything on the site redirecting and it just messed everything up. After I changed the A host, it fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X