Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email get stuck in spam, How do I change settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email get stuck in spam, How do I change settings?

My register and subscribe emails gets stuck in the spam folders on certain receivers. I have spoken to their IT-administrators and the emails from my site receive high spam-ratings. This is how it rates it:
    FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2=1.499
    PP_MIME_FAKE_ASCII_TEXT=0.001
    RCVD_IN_DNSWL_NONE=-0.0001
    SUBJECT_NEEDS_ENCODING=0.1
    SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS=1.105
    XPRIO=3.275
    Now I wonder where I can change the send settings for how emails are being sent from vBulletin so I for example can lower the XPRIO value. Is that possible?

Regards / PerOla

The X-Priority header is hardcoded to 3 in /core/vb/mail.php.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

You will most likely need to switch to SMTP and use a proper TLS or SSL connection to get around Spam Filters. This should utilize proper reverse DNS and other settings to make sure the email is coming from a legitimate source. You can set this up in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Email Settings. Discuss SMTP settings with your server administrator or hosting provider if you do not know them.

It is not recommended to edit any files. Doing so voids support.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        You will most likely need to switch to SMTP and use a proper TLS or SSL connection to get around Spam Filters. This should utilize proper reverse DNS and other settings to make sure the email is coming from a legitimate source.
        Thanks for answers. The problem is that I am using SMTP and I am even whitelisted in their spam filters. How I understand it, is that they are using an additional spam check that looks into each separate email and try to identify suspicious emails which they place in quarantine no matter where it is send from. And the advice from the maker of the spam check software is to remove the X-priority heading since the current setting gives a high score in spam control.
        Last edited by pmquist; Mon 15th Feb '16, 12:27pm.

Comment

I've opened a JIRA to have this removed.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15653
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• pmquist
            pmquist commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, That is good.