How to enable infraction usergroup to write only in one thread and write PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable infraction usergroup to write only in one thread and write PM

We have two infraction usergroups (banned, but can write PM and banned, but can't write PM). When user gets third infraction, he goes to the Banned (with PM) usergroup until the infraction will be expired. And I have a trouble. That usergroup permissions can be only set to Yes for the whole forum or No to the whole forum (it can't see any my custom Channel Permissions for that group). How can I allow infraction usergroup not only see PMs, but write new one and how can I allow them to write only in one channel?

Thank you for advance
    I'm an Ukrainian developer, so I'm sorry for my bad English

Hello,

Unfortunately "banning" doesn't work like that. A banned user can't do anything, and any usergroup with permission to read a forum or send a PM can't be a banned usergroup.

Comment

Joe D. , hello. But that usegroups is not a blocked or banned usergroups - they can read forum and can read PM. Or there is some mistake and infraction usergroups must be a banned usergroup?

Comment

Do your users belong to secondary (additional) usergroups as well as primary usergroups? If so be sure your infraction usergroup does not allow permissions to be inherited from additional groups. In Usergroup Manager, scroll down to Allow Users to have Member Groups and make sure it is set to NO. This will stop any additional usergroups from giving permissions beyond the infraction group.

Comment

Joe D. It was set to NO from the beginning. And with all that, I change different strategies: 1) set permissions for Home to NO for creating and answering and for Special to YES. Result - infraction usergroup can't create PMs and posts on forum. 2) set permissions for Home to YES, but for FORUM to NO. Result - infraction usergroup can write on forum despite the usergroup permissions for forum. 3) Set Channel permissions to default and in the infraction usergroup set Can create private message to YES and Can create text/post to NO. Result - user can't write PMs and posts on forum. 4) Can create private message to YES and Can create text/post to YES - can create posts and PMs.

I just need that usergroup can't write on forum except 1 channel, but be able to write PMs and I can't set permissions like that.

Comment

Unfortunately what you are asking may not be possible at this time, some permissions may overlap. But if you want to create a support ticket attn: to Joe D., and link back to this topic, and include your AdminCP access in the Sensitive Data folder I will attempt to create a usergroup that has permission to send PMs, and view only the channel you want, give me the exact details in the ticket. We'll see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
              to create a usergroup that has permission to send PMs, and view only the channel you want
              Thanks, but I can do that of my own. I thought, that I can do that with infraction usergroups, but I see, that is impossible. It's sad, but I will then write cron task for what I need. Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X