Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB 5.1.8 Facebook authorization token is not valid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB 5.1.8 Facebook authorization token is not valid.

Hello,

On a VBulletin 5.1.8 build on AWS EC2 Servers running unix / php / mysql, where there are no plug-ins or extra features added, I am experiencing an issue where registered users cannot login with facebook. I have done what due diligence I could, cleared the browser cache, cookies, cleared the server cache, checked for out of version files, looks normal.

This seems unrelated to the server files (as I have not made any changes since the last security update [vBulletin 5.1.8 Patch Level 3])

On my forum, you can click the FB button, and a dialogue box will pop up asking for username and password for facebook. Once provided the dialogue box closes and the screen fades. The user is shown this error:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 2.51.53 PM.png
Views:	6
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	4338071

Facebook developer alerts are empty, no messages from facebook indicating there are issues with the token.

I have attempted to clear the local internet browser cache and fb_ cookies, no change. I cleared the server cache, no change.
    Attached Files

Update:
    If I remove the cookies fb_ from my domain; I can attempt to enter my facebook email and password again, which results in the same error message.
    Even deleting the staticxx.facebook.com cookies makes no difference.

Comment