Invalid server response. Please try again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid server response. Please try again

I just had a user try to post a reply to a post but he keeps getting the error message “Invalid server response. Please try again”.

I instructed him to delete web history and ensure "Remember Me" is selected.

Session timeout is set high at 28000. No other users including myself are having the issue.

Anything else I should look at?
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
    I just had a user try to post a reply to a post but he keeps getting the error message “Invalid server response. Please try again”.

I instructed him to delete web history and ensure "Remember Me" is selected.

Session timeout is set high at 28000. No other users including myself are having the issue.

Anything else I should look at?
    I had this issue until I did a few changes at the same time. What you yourself have already covered NumNum. Which one I cannot tell is responsible but I use 86400 for sessions. I also auto ticked the Remember Me by default. I haven't heard any complaints since making those changes. Invalid Server Response
    Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Tue 2 Feb '16, 3:55pm.

Comment

Is that a cp setting, or more likely a script edit?

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

Originally posted by NumNum View Post
        Is that a cp setting, or more likely a script edit?
        The auto tick was a script edit. https://www.christforums.org/forum/e...emember-me-box

Comment

I like how you saved your configuration notes, that has given me an idea.

Thank you.

Comment

Hm I am having this issue a lot as well normally when I make big posts, noticed if I shorten it its fine.. But I couldn't find the login_form could you let me know where that is?

Thanks.

Comment

Sure, in the admincp go to Settings/Options/Cookies and HTTP Header Options/Session Timeout.

Set it to 86400

In the template it looks like line #68
              Last edited by NumNum; Mon 4 Dec '17, 1:49am.

Comment

Thanks, I did try it but no luck on it fixing my issue. Even tried a fresh install still getting this with some posting.

Comment

Without knowing that the "invalid Response" contains, there is no way to troubleshoot this or even know if it is caused by the same issue covered in this post. You need to create your own topic with steps to recreate and a copy of the response from your browser's developer tools. We will need to know PHP version, MySQL Version, list of installed PHP libraries and you should be testing on the latest version of vBulletin.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment