No announcement yet.

vBulletin 5.2.0 p1 non-english character problem

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBulletin 5.2.0 p1 non-english character problem

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I am using vBulletin 5.2.0 patch 1. I installed and configured everything. I am using two language. One of them is Turkish, the other one is English. I have 2 main problem about using it in two languages.

    1- When I add second language as Turkish, I have to set language's charset as ISO-8859-9 for both languages. It means, if I want to add two different languages which has non-English letters, one of them's letters will not work while another one active. Normally, I should set English language's charset as ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8. But when I do it, Turkish characters will be visible as different characters.

    2- Second problem is the reason of why I am here actually. When a user which has non-English username post a message at any forum, system shows it on home page a little bit lately (something like 30 seconds). After that I see that username is visible without non-English letters. If your username contains a word like "Baş", your name will be visible as "Ba". I tried to wait a little more to see that it will be fixed by the system automatically. But it is not happened. I visit the administration page, maintenance section, general update tool and I updated forums. After that name is fixed automatically. But when a user which has non-English username send a message to forums, I have to use general update tool all the time. I think it is definitely some kind of bug and there should be a solution about it.

    I am talking about author string field which is visible between "lastpost-by" css class on the main page. The problem is visible in this URL: External link

    Database charset is UTF8 Unicode (UTF8) and tables are utf8_general_ci. Language's charset is ISO-8859-9.

    I am licensed customer and able to let you log in my system online. Please inform me about this situation.


Related Topics