Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malicious files

Hello!

Friends, I have the VB 5.2.0 package installed, but no active product and changed the original script only to insert scripts adsense and analytics. VB package is virtually original.
    however, I suspect that there are malicious files along with the VB files.
    how do I identify folders and files that do not belong to the original VB package?

thank you!

You can use the Suspect File Diagnostic in the AdminCP under Maintenance -> Diagnostics.

There are better ways to insert Adsense and Google Analytics than editing the vBulletin files as well. For Adsense, you should use Ad Modules by editing the page in Site Builder or directly editing the template in the AdminCP. For Google Analytics, you should simply enter your code in under Settings -> Options -> Google Analytics in the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

OK thank you!

I perfomed the operation and were related several files "not recognized as part of the VB". the majority related to previous versions of VB. it must have occurred because of the use of override method during updates of versions, right?

I perfomed corrections and I repeat the process. however, the following alert messages remain. any tips to solve these problems?
      1) ajax.php - File not recognized the part of vBulletin
      this file belongs to version 5.2.0 and is present in three folders:
      \ includes \ VB5 \ frontend \ controller
      \ core \ vb \ xml \ builder
      \ core \ vb \ api \ vb4
      right?
      I performed the "upload" each file, but the warning message remains. I did not identify which of the files is troublesome.

2) LoggerConfigurationAdapterXML.php - File does not contain expected contents
      this file is present in \ core \ libraries \ log4php \ src \ main \ php \ configurators.
      I performed the "upload" of the file, but the warning message remains.
      the original file is 7,054 bytes, but the server is with 7,053. can be the problem?

3) widget.php - File does not contain expected contents
      this file is present in three folders:
      \ core \ vb \ api \
      \ core \ vb \ xml \ export \
      \ core \ vb \ xml \ import \
      right?
      I performed the "upload" of the file, but the warning message remains.
      the original file is 22,555 bytes, but on the server is at 22,554 ("import" folder). can be the problem? other folders in the file size is correct.

thank you in advance any help!

Wayne, thanks for listening and for the tip about the Google products. I will apply them and if you have any problem, I will open a specific topic, okay?

Comment

hello!

any tips?

Comment

2 and 3 have been reported as false positives...older vb version files will commonly show up in that list and can be removed but if you are sure it is 5.2 idk for that one

Comment

OK thank you!
            I did not understand well: 2 and 3 are false positives?
            would be false problems?

Comment

• IggyP
              IggyP commented
              Editing a comment
              they trigger as incorrect files but if you compare them its like one space that is different or something, no need to worry for those...the file is actually correct...you can see if you search the forum others including myself have asked about those 2 files

OK thank you!

I had a problem with a malicious file. this file does not appear in this scan dp AdminCP ("Suspect File Versions").
            I have the following questions: is there any way to scan the site looking for vulnerabilities? There is a guide with orientations to enhance the security of forum folders?

thanks!!!

Comment

any tips?

thanks!!

Comment

you could try an online security scan like qualys try google?

Comment

Hello!

thank you so much! I used also other online scanning sites and the result was satisfactory.
                  But malicious files entered in file folders. the question then is: how to increase the safety of these folders?

thank you!

Comment

hello!!

any tips?

thank you!!

Comment