New chanell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chanell

Hi , how can i add new chanell? I was looking on Channel Management but there is just add new forum ,,,
    Thanks

A forum is a channel, so you would add new forums in there, also new categories.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      A forum is a channel, so you would add new forums in there, also new categories.

Yea but how , I want to add new channel as a new page ,,, like vbulletin.org ,, They have FORUMS , MODS , ARTICLES etc.

Comment

You don't do that with channels. You would just create a custom page in site builder and then add a tab for it into the navbar with site builder.

Comment

You don't do that with channels. You would just create a custom page in site builder and then add a tab for it into the navbar with site builder.

I did , but idk which modules i should to add on new custome page to make page same as forums , with categories nd forums

Comment

Can you explain to me please more detailed , thanks

Comment

It won't quite work like that...forums are displayed in an Activity module but at the moment that will just show ALL forums.

I think what you're better doing is using Categories (via the Channel Manager). You don't need any custom pages for this.

Structure your forums like this:

Category 1
              --Forum 1
              --Forum 2

Category 2
              --Forum 3
              --Forum 4

Then you can add links into the navbar that point to the categories (copy the link from the category titles).
              This will then link you to those specific categories directly from the navbar.

In essence, that is exactly what vbulletin.org does, since you cited them as an examplemof what you want to achieve. They also hide the categories from the main list (set the display order to 0) so they only show up if you click the navbar links, that should work in vB5 too.

Comment

It won't quite work like that...forums are displayed in an Activity module but at the moment that will just show ALL forums.

I think what you're better doing is using Categories (via the Channel Manager). You don't need any custom pages for this.

Structure your forums like this:

Category 1
                --Forum 1
                --Forum 2

Category 2
                --Forum 3
                --Forum 4

Then you can add links into the navbar that point to the categories (copy the link from the category titles).
                This will then link you to those specific categories directly from the navbar.

In essence, that is exactly what vbulletin.org does, since you cited them as an examplemof what you want to achieve. They also hide the categories from the main list (set the display order to 0) so they only show up if you click the navbar links, that should work in vB5 too.

I think i got it ,,, Thanks i will try

Comment

But how to hide from main page ?

Comment

I just did , but doesn't work properly . I want to make same as main page forum , so btw , how to hide that from main page ?

Comment

• Faustvasea97
                      Faustvasea97 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      found how to hide , i Can't make here like on main page , categories and forums

To make a category, just make a forum, but set "Act as forum" to "No". This will make it act as a category.
                    Then make forums that have the category as a parent.

Comment

To make a category, just make a forum, but set "Act as forum" to "No". This will make it act as a category.
                      Then make forums that have the category as a parent.

Doesn't work , I just tested .

I was creating forum via channel management , that i put in nav bar , after i add new category , and i tried to add after forum on that category , but is showing me like little icon , like for child sub forum idk why ,,,

Comment

It does work.

It should look like this:
                        http://www.talknewsuk.com/testvb/forum/misc

Your custom style is somehow messing it up. If you choose one of the themes it shows correctly, just like on my site above.

Comment

so how can I fix it to make it work?

Comment

yes is that what I want to do , but on channel management I can't do that.

Comment