Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread title space and printing of same.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread title space and printing of same.

I have noticed that the title of a thread, when going to print the thread is using a whole page of space, creating unnecessary use of paper, not to mention doesn't look appealing. As an example this thread uses 3 whole pages, as opposed to only two.

Is there a setting somewhere to adjust this?

Even just this post, the print preview screen shows the entire first page as the thread title, page two is the message.
    Last edited by NumNum; Wed 20 Jan '16, 9:31am.
    adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

You need custom CSS to hide some elements and adjust layout for printing. For example, if you want hide the header and footer and remove margins on thread title when printing, you would add this css:

Code:
    @media print {
        .b-top-background__header-mainnav-subnav, #footer { display: none; }
        .canvas-layout-container .canvas-widget.page-title-widget { margin: 0;  }
    }

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thanks, Glenn
      adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X