Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fionix
    replied
    Thanks both of you... I entered it in the config.php file but still the error is there. When I disable the path but keep uncommenting the line FILE caching with default location then I don't get an error, question is if it works or not if I just use it this way.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Attached is a zip file. Unzip it, and upload path.php to the forum root (must be this exact location). Then go to yourforums.com/path.php.
    The file will output the correct path to use, based on a default vB5 installation. Copy and paste it into the config.php line.
    Remove the file from the server afterwards.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    I'm not sure if using full path will work but that's not the full path. Check your cpanel which home directory your files are located.

Normally, the full path is /home/yourUsername/public_html/...

Leave a comment:

• fionix
    replied
    damn, still not working, I put the entire path in there, /public_html/forum/core/includes/datastore/datastore_cache.php still it does not work! Do you know if this work at all or is it similar to the error there was with the sitemap.xml file in the past?

Any other suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Try using full path.

Leave a comment:

• fionix
    replied
    hmm, still same problem, can it be the file permission or directory permission that are not set correcttly to 777 even if I do it through my FTP program?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Try adding /core to the file path.

Code:
    $config['Misc']['datastorepath'] = '/core/includes/datastore/datastore_cache.php';

Leave a comment:

• fionix
    started a topic Cache to File - can't get it work.

Cache to File - can't get it work.

I want to speed up our forum and read here https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/datastore that it's a good idea and Reading from the filesystem is generally less load-intensive - however, I CHMOD 777 the datastore_cache.php and also made the changes in the config.php file!

First I just uncomment the first line to activate this function, no errors but also it seems that it's not working, at least the file datastore_cache.php is not growing, I assume it should if it works.

So I went back to the config file and uncomment the next line:
    //$config['Misc']['datastorepath'] = '/includes/datastore/datastore_cache.php';

So I get a lot of errors :
    Fatal error: Datastore cache file does not exist. Please reupload includes/datastore/datastore_cache.php

I tried to reupload but the error persist.

Any idea how to get this working?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X