Gallery Thumbnail List Responsive issue w/ narrow mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery Thumbnail List Responsive issue w/ narrow mobile

I am having an issue with the gallery thumbnail views whenever a user posts more than 2 images. The third thumbnail goes outside the wrapper (see the attached image). Does anyone have a fix or code to help with this? I'm okay with all images being attached vertically (actually would like it.)

It may be a common issue, but I also have a problem where my user profile fields also go beyond the wrapper. For some reason I appear to be the only user with this issue, but I have not been able to resolve it no matter how I edit the text in the fields. I have also attached an image of this (Again only an issue when using a narrow display)

I should've added I am using v5.1.9-3

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
        link?

I just set this test topic up to show the issue, I hope it helps.

http://www.sevenslotsyndicate.com/fo...c-to-not-reply

Edit to add: I have played with all of the thumbnail options under Settings->Options->Message Attachment Options and none of them seem to have any effect at all. I currently have "Thumbnails Per Row" set to 2 but they still load 3 per row. For giggles, I also set it to 5 and still 3 were shown in a row.

BTW Replicant many of your posts and little code snip-its helped me when tweaking the forum. Thank you!
        Last edited by jnabird333; Sat 12 Dec '15, 3:41pm.

Comment

To test same issue here.....

Comment

• jnabird333
            jnabird333 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same issue when viewing this post on mobile and vertically! BUG

try adding this to your css_additional.css

Code:
          .photo-preview.h-left {
              max-width: 95%;
              overflow: scroll;
          }

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant View Post
            try adding this to your css_additional.css
            This at least helps. I ended up setting the max-width to 100%, So somewhere it is being allowed to be extended beyond this. With it at 100 the third picture is cut off with similar padding to the left edge (first picture). Interestingly enough, when I view my profile "activity" The preview of the topic here now drops the third image to a new line (remember I currently have my max inline thumbnails set to 2).

This did nothing to correct my user profile fields extending out of the window but I suspect a similar issue. Unfortunately, this one isn't as easy to recreate. It appears to only be an issue with my user profile information. I have another Admin with all the same rights and there is not an issue with theirs or any of the other user's profile data.

Comment

What is the ".section-content.table"'s width referenced to? I see it is set to "100%" but this equates to the content having a width of 517px while the actual ".js-profile-profile-about-container" is only 300px wide. Call me crazy, but shouldn't the content be equal to or slightly smaller than it's container?

Comment

• jnabird333
                jnabird333 commented
                Editing a comment
                I found the error I was having with the width in my user profile fields. I had a link to a write-up topic in one of me fields. Apparently this is a no-no and threw off the sizing. Once the link was removed all was well.

• Replicant
                Replicant commented
                Editing a comment
                A link shouldn't affect the responsiveness of the page. There is a bug there that should be fixed. You should start a Jira and put the necessary steps to reproduce so that the developers can have a look. If they don't know about uit, they can't fix it.
            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X