Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the "Who's Online" setting in options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the "Who's Online" setting in options?

Hi Im trying to find "Who's Online" in options but I do not see it i know it was in the setting>options etc but i don't see it there can it be someplace else now?...
    Im trying change the Who's Online Refresh Period but as stated I can't find it ..
    Thanks

It's tied directly to the cookie session timeout setting.

Cookies and HTTP Header Options / Session Timeout

Comment

• Ben Italiano
      Ben Italiano commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, does that also hold how long a member or guest been on the site for ? like before in 4 there was setting to setup to keep the list in the 24 hour period on who visit etc by the way where is the "who online" setting for everything seem they change everything around...

Originally posted by ProSportsForums View Post
    It's tied directly to the cookie session timeout setting.

Cookies and HTTP Header Options / Session Timeout
    Thanks, does that also hold how long a member or guest been on the site for ? like before in 4 there was setting to setup to keep the list in the 24 hour period on who visit etc by the way where is the who online setting for everything seem they change everything around...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Italiano View Post
      Thanks, does that also hold how long a member or guest been on the site for ? like before in 4 there was setting to setup to keep the list in the 24 hour period on who visit etc by the way where is the who online setting for everything seem they change everything around...
      The cookie expires X seconds after the member logs out. I believe the default is 900 seconds (15 minutes) so if a member has been online in that timeframe he or she will show as being online.

Comment

Logging out would remove them from the list immediately.

The cookie timeout setting will affect how long the user shows as being online despite being inactive.

So if they read a thread, then shut the computer down, they will still show as online until the amount of seconds set in the cookie timeout setting have expired.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment