Clear All

• josealbertocll
    replied
    Well, itīs ok

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    You have to wait for Google to re-index your pages.

Leave a comment:

• josealbertocll
    replied
    But for example, I refer when I look for the title of my web, It doesnīt show me the correct meta description, just other content situated in other place of the forum.

In my case, Do I have to wait for being rebuilt the site-map?

Or for example,

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    It depends. If your search term is not in the meta description, then google will not display the meta description in the result.

Let me google that for you with this thread as the first result:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22You+don%27t+...in.com%2Fforum

Leave a comment:

• josealbertocll
    replied
    Just one more question about this, when I look for my website in Google, I can see the meta description under the title of some links, but it doesnīt match with the real meta description. It shows other content from my website.

What is the reason?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• josealbertocll
    replied
    Well, itīs ok. I will leave them empty. I have been checking each node and they automatically have the meta description that I introduced as description.

Thanks a lot

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    No, leave it empty. As I said, it is automatically populated based on the content of the first post. Each thread has its own meta description. Just look at the view-source of the thread pages to see.

Edit: I just tried putting a meta description on a thread and this has no effect. The meta description is still the first few phrases of the first post.

Leave a comment:

• josealbertocll
    replied
    Itīs ok, I asked it because I have seen that google bot visits threads and the content included. But I have a question, for example...when I try to edit whatever thread page, I see the meta description empty. Do you recommend me to introduce a short description here about the title of the thread? Each thread has its own meta description?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Meta description in thread page is auto-populated with the first few phrases of the first post. You don't have to change it. For other pages especially where guests/search bots have access, you should set unique meta description for SEO purposes.

Leave a comment:

• josealbertocll
    started a topic About meta descriptions and how to use them

About meta descriptions and how to use them

Hello

I have a doubt about meta descriptions. I have seen when I edit a page, there is check box where I can put a description of the page.

In the case of a forum, should i introduce a different meta description for each page? I suppose that I canīt introduce a different meta description for each thread, is this correct?

Thanks
    Last edited by josealbertocll; Wed 4th Nov '15, 4:42am.