Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

biggest problems atm with albums/inline images(vb5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest problems atm with albums/inline images(vb5)

can anyone tell me where along the development line this stuff is?

it was looking pretty perfect but after poking around some i can see some issues remain...mainly in the photo icon method

basically i see 2 major issues using the photo icon for inline posting.....which is the best way to organize cross published content...

1. when making an album from another album in user profile, or, posting from the photo icon in a topic the list pops all the way to the top of the screen and disallows the go to top button...and only displays the first 60 images from the album....is there a way to adjust this to include all album images??

2. it seems very close but need to keep going in that same direction...when uploading images using the photo icon>select from photo album, then posting, then going back and editing.....the list of inline image links displays with a normal editor box...it appears to be the same as using inline attachments at this point and thats what it needs to do! however it only appears the same and differs in the following ways:

attempting to place an inline image creates a broken image and gives an error: :Error: Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page".....or "Error: Trying to get contenttype class id from invalid contenttype"....this broken image can be deleted and repeating the operation will allow the correct image to be placed, however it will not be a clickable thumb the way an inline attachment will
    album images need to be able to be used directly inline the exact same way as inline attachment ones......otherwise optimal content must be created using attachments, with no link to images in albums already uploaded, then if you want an album from the attached images post, you need to do it backwards and try to make an album out of the auto created one in profile, but then again we are stuck at the 60 image limit...

what are jira #s regarding this issue pls? and any info about where along in development this resolution is would be appreciated, i would like to see this resolved to be the best it can, its very close it seems....

Last edited by IggyP; Fri 30th Oct '15, 9:41am.

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
    what are jira #s regarding this issue pls?
    I don't know what they are. I suggest writing JIRAs for your issues. They will either be confirmed or closed as duplicates by the QA team.

I would say that you're using Profile Albums differently than they were envisioned in vBulletin 5. As such, you would need to be very clear and outline how to reproduce the issue step by step.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

ok, yes i generally feel what was considered as a bug to be a muuuuch better way of doing things, i was excited to see it wasnt "fixed" yet but still needs to be all the way practially functional.....to me these album and cross publishing akwardness is #1 keeping my recommendation from using vb5 on live sites.

how about regarding the 60 image limit? is that adjustable or editable in code?

Comment

these jira have been confirmed please help me vote to get them resolved quickly

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15318
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-15317

Comment

I voted for both, I'd like to see improvements to Albums and there's quite a lot could be done.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
            how about regarding the 60 image limit? is that adjustable or editable in code?
            Settings -> Options -> User Profile: Album Options -> Maximum Pictures per Album.

Wayne Luke

Comment

thank you wayne, but this is not what i refer...

i have max pic set to unlimited, i refer to the limitation where you can only grab the first 60 pics from an album when creating a photo post content or creating an album from another album

Comment

If it isn't controlled by that option, then it is hard coded somewhere. I wouldn't know where.

Wayne Luke

Comment