Images Opening in a New Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images Opening in a New Window

I noticed that VBulletin has a really cool gallery effect. When you click on a post with multiple images attached, you go to the gallery and you can scroll through the images. That is really cool. I noticed that in some posts where the image is "attached" to the post, if you click on the image, it takes you to a different page and then you have to click the back button to get back to the post.

Is there a way to make images that are attachments open in a new window by default for all users who go to your site?

(I think it annoys users to click on an image and it takes you to a different page where you have to click the back button to get back to the original page. Would be nice if images opened in a new window always so that users can just click off the window and be on the same page.)

There is currently no way to do this in vBulletin 5. Having images open in a new tab/window is kind of old school thinking. With modern browsers users can middle-click or right-click on images to open them in a new tab/window. If you think this should be added back in, you can make an improvement request here:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X