attachment limit in albums??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachment limit in albums??

im noticing it wont let me start an album in user profile with more than 5 "attachments", but im not seeing anything restricting in settings or permissions...

if i start the album with 5, then i can add a full list of images after posting, but if i even hit the attachment button on accident it wont take more than 5 and i have to reload the process...

is there a way to make it so i can upload more than 5 images at the album creation stage?

thank you for helps, iggy
    Last edited by IggyP; Tue 27th Oct '15, 12:49am.

hmm, i am also noticing an error trying to delete an album, or images within

Error: An unexpected error was returned: 'Required argument missing: nodeids'

Comment

ok.......so i have found the album link in forum/special/albums, i can delete the topics from here, but there is also a bug here where after deletion all albums disappear until page refresh...

so 3 bugs?
      Last edited by IggyP; Tue 27th Oct '15, 12:50am.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
        im noticing it wont let me start an album in user profile with more than 5 "attachments", but im not seeing anything restricting in settings or permissions...

if i start the album with 5, then i can add a full list of images after posting, but if i even hit the attachment button on accident it wont take more than 5 and i have to reload the process...

is there a way to make it so i can upload more than 5 images at the album creation stage?

thank you for helps, iggy
        You would be limited by the attachments per post here. You can try adjusting this per usergroup under Usergroups -> Usergroup manager. Change the Maximum Attachments per Post. If you have edited the Home Page permissions in anyway, you will need to edit those again. This is under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions.

hmm, i am also noticing an error trying to delete an album, or images within

Error: An unexpected error was returned: 'Required argument missing: nodeids'
        You've selected images to delete by checking them off?

ok.......so i have found the album link in forum/special/albums, i can delete the topics from here, but there is also a bug here where after deletion all albums disappear until page refresh...

so 3 bugs?
        Not an ideal way of doing things really. I doubt it will be fixed because access to the Special channels isn't advised.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

hmm....i am looking into this further...i have set maximum attach per post to 0...i saw on the admin acct it was set to 5, thought that was it even tho that setting shouldnt override but even after changing it i am still limited to 5 somewhere...

i see i do not have that issue here tho...

for now i can confirm the other issue on this site tho...i have created a test album on this vb.com...i am unable to delete the album or any photo within....there is no checkboxes...if i click edit i am taken to a list of inline attach links....clicking remove and save, does not delete the photos, as they refresh immediately...

its a shame to hear its not advised to use the link to the list of latest albums, that is a very nice feature i feel should be incorporated better...it is however at current the only way i can see to delete any album even as admin...why is it not advisable to use???

thank you for your helps wayne i will poke at the attachment permissions more and report

edit: a further note.....if you click the edit photos link next to the # showing how many photos it is possible to delete an image, but it will not allow the last image to be deleted...this area can be made less confusing and more functional

Last edited by IggyP; Fri 30th Oct '15, 4:55am.

Comment

You would be limited by the attachments per post here. You can try adjusting this per usergroup under Usergroups -> Usergroup manager. Change the Maximum Attachments per Post. If you have edited the Home Page permissions in anyway, you will need to edit those again. This is under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions.
            i was able to resolve this by adjusting channel permissions> albums which were taking president....

Last edited by IggyP; Fri 30th Oct '15, 10:01am.

Comment