Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The vBulletin 5.1.9 database is not backwards compatible with 5.1.4. Several Key structures like notifications have been refactored and use a new database format. You would not be able to downgrade without database errors. You would have to restore a vBulletin 5.1.4 backup with your files. All information added since the backup was created will be lost. Naturally, we don't recommend this operation.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    No, you will have to restore your 5.1.4 database backup not the 5.1.9 and lose all your 5.1.9 data you have accumulated after the upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• rafail
    replied
    Plugin is VBET translator that does not work well on 5.1.9
    I dont think i have any files except of Theme (skin) and attachemtns. If i backup database plus attachements and avatars folders and restore them to 5.1.4 will it work?
    is the database compatiible?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    What IggyP said. And you will lose all settings and posts you have after the upgrade to 5.1.9. What plugin are you using?

Leave a comment:

• IggyP
    replied
    well...its more than your data base....all the files would be from the 5.1.9 version...

i think you may have to re upload/install 5.1.4 then restore the 5.1.4 database to it?

Leave a comment:

• rafail
    started a topic Downgrade from vbulletin 5.1.9 to 5.1.4

Downgrade from vbulletin 5.1.9 to 5.1.4

Hello, I have some issues with a plugin on my vbulletin 5.1.9
    The plugin works fine on vBulletin 5.1.4 and i want to downgrade to 5.1.4 (if possible) and if plugin updated i will again update to latest vbulletin

My question is: Since i know that downgrading is not supported by vbulletin, can i use the same database from vbuletin 5.1.9 to vbulletin 5.1.4? Will it work?

Thank you