Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    The proper way to edit the template to add checked="checked" attribute is to add this code before the checkbox to avoid duplicate checked attribute.

Code:
    {vb:set formData.remembermeCheckedAttr, 'checked="checked"'}
    The {vb:raw formData.remembermeCheckedAttr} inside the checkbox markup will contain that same checked attribute when login fails.

Code:
    <input tabindex="102" type="checkbox" name="rememberme" id="idLoginRememberMe" {vb:raw formData.remembermeCheckedAttr} />
    So you will have 2 checked attributes when login fails. It will still render the checked state correctly but it is recommended to always have correct HTML markup.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    Resolved, that was the issue, the VBsocial remember me is different than the default login_form.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    Hi Mark,

In login_form I have found and added your suggestion:

Code:
    <input tabindex="102" type="checkbox" name="rememberme" id="idLoginRememberMe" checked="checked" {vb:raw formData.remembermeCheckedAttr} />
    I cleared the site's cache and the remember me box does not appear checked.

To note: I am also using vbsocial 10 which has the login in the upper taskbar which floats. I do not know if that makes a difference, but am I implementing the coded checked="checked" correctly?

Thanks,
    William

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by William Thomas Jr View Post
    Thanks Mark,

Will increasing "Session Timeout" settings in "Cookies and HTTP Header" options help?

William
    It would, but you'd actually be better editing the template and adding
    Code:
    checked="checked"
    to the code for the Remember Me box.
    Then it will be checked by default.
    I've always run things this way. It's really down to the site...if you think there'd be a security issue with people leaving themselves logged in then don't do it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Increasing the session timeout will allow for longer sessions before they are logged out. However it will not stop sessions from expiring when they are viewing or otherwise considered inactive. Checking "remember me" is the best way to remain logged in at all times.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    Thanks Mark,

Will increasing "Session Timeout" settings in "Cookies and HTTP Header" options help?

William

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Make sure users are ticking the "Remember Me" box when logging in.
    If they don't, and take a long tiome to compose a post, then by the time they come to submit it they will find themselves logged out.
    If the box was not ticked, the cookie won't "persist", which means they will get a logged out error.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    started a topic Not logged in error

Not logged in error

Hi,

I have received a couple complaints of this error happening to people while browsing the site or creating a thread. It happened to me for the first time today. Here's the screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Not logged in.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	4330915