Trouble setting up VB 5.1.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble setting up VB 5.1.9

I'm trying to setup my new environment using 5.1.9 and seem to be struggling to run the install script. i get the following message.
    Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
    • vBulletin 5 requires MySql version 5.1.5 or greater. Your MySql is version , please ask your host to upgrade.
    • Error description:
    • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the core/includes/config.php file

I have had confirmation the Host is running MariaDB 5.5.45 so should be OK?

username and passwords have been reset on a few occasions so I'm sure they are all correct. anyone got any ideas where to begin fixing this?

Hello

Can you please download the attached zip file, unzip it, and upload vb_test.php to your server?
    Then run it in youir browser as www.domain.com/vb_test.php

Enter your MySQL credentials and let me know if you get a pass or a fail.
    Attached Files
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks for the info. Ran the script and all passed

But I'm now getting this.
      Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
      • Database connection failed due to unexpected error:
        • (1044) Access denied for user 'joomlade_MK1Foru'@'localhost' to database 'joomlade_MK1Foru'
        Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again

which is weird as the the database should be joomlade_MK1Forum as per the settings in the core/install/includes/config.php
      Last edited by sichapman; Fri 16 Oct '15, 11:18am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X