• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Originally posted by William Thomas Jr View Post

Thanks Glenn,

It makes no sense to me for reason of making the profile fields searchable but not allowing members to search profile fields like VB4...

Is this something you may want to tackle? If so Private message me please... I'd like to offer this to my members!

William
    I emailed you.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The manual entry in the first post is not a 5.x entry. It is a 4.x entry. I don't even know why it is showing except that someone followed the link from somewhere else.

You cannot search users on the front end of vBulletin 5 at this time.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    Oh ok. I don't think vB5 has that. But that can be doable via PHP module.
    Thanks Glenn,

It makes no sense to me for reason of making the profile fields searchable but not allowing members to search profile fields like VB4...

Is this something you may want to tackle? If so Private message me please... I'd like to offer this to my members!

William

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    Oh ok. I don't think vB5 has that. But that can be doable via PHP module.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    replied
    Hello,

I meant in the front end.... so members can search for members. I have a 4.2.3 site and 5.1.9 site. These are screens taking in the 4.2.3 site..... and I wanted to do the same in 5.1.9:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Search Page Profile Fields.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	4330142

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    In AdminCP > Users > Search for Users, you can search by user profile fields.

Leave a comment:

• William Thomas Jr
    started a topic Search Members

Search Members

I cannot find out how to search members profiles in VB5. The manual is located here, but there is not an option "user listing options" like in the manual for 5.1.9. What url do I use to find members search by profile fields?

The vbulletin 5 manual is here, but again this option doesn't seem available? https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/options_memberlist

Thanks,
    William
    Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Mon 28 Sep '15, 12:09am.