Database Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Query

My database query seems to be a little on the slow side. I have noticed on this site the query takes about 0.0189 seconds and on my site it take about 0.7635 seconds. I am running

PHP
    MYSQL 5.1.73 With the database type MSQLi

I have converted over from SMF to vBulletin 3.8.8 and then upgraded to vBulletin 5.1.6. I have noticed my database is 4 times bigger than it was with SMF and Vbulletin 3.8.8. Any ideas on how to speed this up? My hosting provider gives me an option for PHP 5.6. Should I upgrade to this?

Bump? Anyone?

Comment

The database size is not going to be the same going from one piece of software to another. The structures are entirely different.

I would get MySQL upgraded to at least 5.5 in the first instance.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you I will look into upgrading MYSQL. Since the original posting of the thread (9/15/15) my database has double in size again. It is now taking 424MB of my total 1024MB space. I have moved my attachments and avatars to the file system. What could be using up all this space. I am just wanting to make sure I don't run out or if I need to upgrade the server to accommodate VB5. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have upgraded MySQL to 5.5 but the database querry is better but no where new what it is on this site. I am now getting about 0.4010 seconds. Any other suggestions on how to speed this up?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X